Messenger Discovery Live Addon for Live Messenger

Messenger Discovery

Its been quite a long time since the Messenger and Instant Messaging Industry has been dominated by the great Messenger Plus! Live which is indeed a great Windows Live Messenger Plugin and Messenger Feature Enhancer. But now I think its time to try something new 😀

Some days ago my messenger friend Cold-Fire introduced me to this great new plugin for Windows Live Messenger that brings a whole new world with itself :) The feature enhancements that this plugin introduces are mainly regarding security, privacy and alerts and unlike Messenger Plus! Live has less to do with Graphical and Instant Messaging Feature enrichment :)

Some of the random features that I liked are :)

Random Features:

• See people who have deleted or blocked you recently
  • Steal Display Picture of your MSN Contacts
  • Get an alert when a contact opens a Conversation Window
  • Get an alert when a contact comes online but is appearing offline
  • Find out which of your contacts are in invisible mode
  • Send Unlimited Buzzes and set property to block Buzzes from others
  • Block applications and web links from un-trusted contacts
  • Contact Online/Offline Alert with a Contact Card Alert
  • Imitate your Contacts and tease them
  • Aut-Respond to messages even using wildcards

This is only a small list of features that I liked 😀 for a complete list of available features check out Messenger Discovery Live Features

For an easy and fast access to all the Messengr Discovery Live Settings it automatically adds an access icon in your Windows Live Messenger along with a ‘Discovery’ menu bar. Also you can find the application in your system tray whenever you start Windows Live Messenger.

As far as as my personal experience is concerned I think the application is great for Windows Live Messenger users and is a must have indeed to ensure more privacy and to get a complete hold of all the Windows Live Messenger Features 😀

Here are two application screenshots of Messenger Discovery Live:

Screenshots:

Here is how a contact card looks like:

Messenger Discovery Screenshot

If anyone is already using this great addon please share your experience with us :)

Update: Today (12th March 2007) Messenger Discovery Live has been updated to version 1.2 so the screenshots reflect the new version update 😀

And if you are a Windows Live Messenger use and still havent tried this plugin trust me you are missing the gem 😀

Its just a small handy addon with a very small application size :) only 1.5 Mb. Do give it a try and share your experience

Get Messenger Discovery Live Now!

Comments

comments

• Madhur Kapoor March 12, 2007, 10:55 am

Seems like a nice tool man , will use it and let you know .

• me April 2, 2007, 12:07 am

not working on my pc any bug ?

• Dj Flush April 2, 2007, 1:24 am

😮 I don’t think so 😎 Might be some other problem 😆

Because its working Good for me 😉

• ilyas April 12, 2007, 7:01 pm

Wow! Totally Kool!

• David April 22, 2007, 10:21 am

➡ ➡ ➡

Kind of fun until you go to uninstall it. Despite proper uninstall, and deleting program file, when logging onto messenger I automatically get an error message from messenger discovery to re download the file. Go awayyyyyyyyy discovery!!!

• Deepshi May 14, 2007, 7:58 pm

😡
    iT’S REALLLY FRUSTRATING..I

• Deepshi May 14, 2007, 8:01 pm

It’s no good..at first..it was working fine and then a week later it wouldn’t open…it’s really annoying and now I have uninstalled it and deleted it..messenger live won’t open..
    😈 😈 😡 😡
    Does anyone know how to make it work or delete it properly??

• Michael June 17, 2007, 4:22 am

Hmm, Looks good, But Is There Any Way That You Can See Who Has Blocked You In The Past?

• Dj Flush June 17, 2007, 5:06 am

Michael Nopes you cannot. The software actually tracks your current online activity and tells you only if someone has blocked you after you installed this app.

• NeFeRTiTi June 22, 2007, 10:48 pm

does any1 no how da hell i can sign into messenger discovery? coz i sign into normal windows live messenger but messenger discovery doesnt allow me to look at my contacts and says that i didnt sign in!!

• Dj Flush June 23, 2007, 6:31 am

NeFeRTiTi Perhaps a broken installation or a version mismatch is causing it to do so. Reinstall messenger discovery and if you still get the same problem you can tell me here and I will figure out something.

• NeFeRTiTi June 23, 2007, 7:45 pm

Dj Flush I’ve already did the reinstallation but it did not work!!

puffffffff :(
    but thanks for your help anyway :)

• student July 2, 2007, 2:28 am

Hey with window live discovery how do you know people who blocked you is it possible? if so how
    can anyone tell me the steps if there options to do so.

thanks

• mea- July 9, 2007, 4:44 pm

how to delete it completely??
    it sucks :(

• Sasha July 15, 2007, 10:12 pm

hey, everyone… how can I download it?

• Dj Flush July 16, 2007, 8:08 am

student If you and a person who blocked you are online at the same time the application will trigger a notification. This option is enabled by default and does not need to be enabled manually.

mea Many people are reporting that they are having problems uninstalling this software. You can take a look at the English Support Forums for some help.

Sasha Here is the direct download link. Enjoy!

• VenoM July 18, 2007, 2:33 pm

i have downloaded the last version of discovery and the last version of messenger and everything is working fine
    i have for like 4 months and its causing me no problems

• Jack July 19, 2007, 7:58 pm

Hey,can anyone tall me where i can get a messinger discovery live ultimate?

• Penny July 21, 2007, 3:20 pm

at first it’s good but now i have the same promblem with NeFeRTiTi and i don’t know why.. :(

• Dj Flush July 21, 2007, 3:38 pm

Jack Is that some modified version of Messenger Dicovery Live?

Penny Please try the support forums for quick and stable response.

• Kate July 23, 2007, 12:02 pm

Does anyone know how you can Get !commands Working becauase mine doesn’t work. I click on one of the buttons and does nothing! Or am I doing something wrong? PLEASE HELP!

• ProblemSigningInPerson July 24, 2007, 12:48 am

I have the same problem. It just doesn’t want to sign me in to MsnDiscovery. I remember having it on my laptop and I had no problems with it, but I bought a new computer recently, and this is what happens to me.
    I sign in to Windows Live without any problems, but when I decide to use this it says I am not signed in to Messenger (eventough I talk with my contacts, etc.), and I need to be so I could use it. Please, resolve our problem here, I don’t have time to go to the forum, register, open a topic, and then wait for a response..

I see NeFeRTiTi and Penny have the same problem. Please help.

• Dan July 25, 2007, 4:15 am

This program is malicious because it opens pop ups upon signing in.

• jesse July 26, 2007, 8:57 am

messenger discovery live pisses me off so much, its good but when you uninstall it, it messes ur computer up, its really pissin me off. dont uninstall this shit, or even get it. when u uninstall it, it acts like a virus and its bullshit

• Anyoed August 2, 2007, 1:09 pm

This is so crap!!! I Downloaded it right?
    Now I got the setup, I double click the setup, nothing opened, This is annoying!!!

• Majox666 August 3, 2007, 2:16 am

Hey i dunno this messenger is not telling who blocks me. I tried it with a friend and it doesn’t let me know when she blocks me. Anything wrong? Thank you

• student August 4, 2007, 8:56 am

Hey Dj Flush, This window live discovery DOES NOT have the options of telling you who blocked you, I don’t think its ever possible to know who blocked. I have tried with Window live and it just doesn’t work, I also looked everywhere there is just no program or feature for this!!

• pop August 4, 2007, 10:50 am

Go to Blockoo.com to check if someone has blocked you.

Remember to untick the box where it asks if you want to share the program with your contacts though else it will spam your contacts list. not good!

• blaah August 15, 2007, 11:33 pm

your neighbours cat is malicious 😎 just disable MessengerDiscovery Today ,and you won’t get any popups.
    http://forums.msgdiscovery.com/ if you need help with program.

• neruda August 25, 2007, 12:45 am

I cant install de program for some reason. it open a little window that say accses denaid

• Dj Flush August 25, 2007, 1:30 am

neruda I guess you need to visit official support forums as I am no longer using this utility so I won’t be able to help you.

• Jimmi August 26, 2007, 4:19 am

Don’t install it any way because its a trojan horse virus

• Dj Flush August 26, 2007, 5:57 am

Jimmi You are probably mistaken! this is a fine working valid software and does not contain any viruses or trojans.

• keph August 26, 2007, 4:13 pm

Hi all!

I have recently installed messenger discovery live, but I don’t know how to see if someone is blocking me or not… I’ve asked a friend to block me and he appeared offline and the program did not tell me that he was blocking me… Could anyone help me?

• keith August 27, 2007, 10:48 pm

how do u make imitate work ? … somtimes it works… somtimes it doesnt… its anoyin… how do i make it work all the time! ?

• Dj Flush August 28, 2007, 2:25 am

keph and keith Both of you please take a look at the official documentation of the software or even the FAQ on the official site can be of great help if you just give it a look. Thanks!

• Samsoum September 7, 2007, 8:41 pm

Jimmi, there is a report that says it contains a Trojan. It’s probably because of the way the file attaches itself to MSN. But still, the antivirus should be able to let you create a rule for “exceptions” means to let you use the program. Meanwhile, I’m contacting my antivirus center to investigate more on MDL. I will also contact MDL to make sure they know what they are doing…

• Barry September 10, 2007, 11:03 pm

Wont let me dwnload live again :(

Firefox can’t find the file at /MDL_1.3.0322.exe. It says

*Check the file name for capitalization or other typing errors.

*Check to see if the file was moved, renamed or deleted.

• emoticon September 13, 2007, 7:42 am

Can anyone please tell me where do the emoticons and nudges go when i open a new conversation window? they aren’t where they used to be :(

• Henry September 14, 2007, 3:40 pm

While opening file: c:\Documents and Settings\_Henry\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5PGB6OYD\MDL_1.3.0322[1].exe

Trojan horse BackDoor.Generic8.ECO.”

This is an error report from the AVG software upon downloading the file. The AVG Wiki files report this type of file to save into the Windows Vilidation Monitor folder which can spread through different computers via any networks you have set up. Do NOT install this program, as you could infect others with the Trojan horse.

• Jasmine September 24, 2007, 11:06 pm

Does it give you viruses cos I want to download it but i don’t want it to give me viruses :(

• Seki September 29, 2007, 9:04 pm

Msn Discovery is really a very good software :)

• One who knows October 1, 2007, 9:23 pm

Ok so I did some research and I got this!

MSN Discovery is not made as a trojan/virus etc etc. in anyway but there are a lot of bugs and problems that may cause destructive behavior in mild forms. Uninstalling is indeed not easy, as the developers are not very talented in making uninstalling stuff, but there are guides on the homepage on how to delete it (forums ftw?).

Also this tends to stop function every now and then and also makes it impossible to remove the folder it creates. Overall I’ll say its not worth it, it’s only fun for a week or two when you have it anyway.

• AnneRB October 7, 2007, 11:01 pm

Keph Perhaps as your mate went offline then probably he/she blocked you but if you still see someone as online they have not blocked you but may have deleted you from their contacts list which you can check by going to Tools>Options>Privacy, right click on their name on your allow list and if delete is in black as opposed to grey then they have deleted you!

Hope that answers your question :)

• Anton November 23, 2007, 4:28 am

It wont let me imitate a contact. Can I have help with that?
    The only thing that works is display picture thing. I can’t even use the nudge thing as long as I want.

• Dj Flush November 23, 2007, 11:36 pm

Messenger Discovery may not be as useful as it was in the past. The reason for this is the regular updation of Windows Live Messenger software versions which ensures that it is not controlled by any third party applications.

More answers can be found at Messenger Discovery support Forums.

• Michaella November 27, 2007, 9:41 pm

I installed it and it won’t let me do anything, like I can’t use the !imitate bit and imitate people for some reason but I want to so will you tell me how please!

• Jusme November 29, 2007, 2:49 am

It has a trojan horse on it. I found it using AVG Anti Virus around 1 week after I had installed it. I deleted the virus but it still works lol.

• Anon. December 26, 2007, 12:28 pm

Hey how do I know if someone is only appearing offline and not actually signed out?

• Kj January 26, 2008, 8:19 am

How do you activate the fake invite? Because when I click on it nothing happens.

• Moschenjr May 22, 2008, 1:14 am

This application is malicious, it cannot be uninstalled and it seems to be in purpose. Shame on you if you encourage other ppl to use it!

• FlaRG May 27, 2008, 12:22 am

To Uninstall follow these instructions to completely remove the app.

Sorry to those who have had trouble uninstalling this. There are a few manual things you have to do to get it to uninstall fully.

• Alexander101 June 6, 2008, 11:12 pm

I had all of these same problems that everyone has been havin but now i made mine work perfectly, this rocks, i love it, thanks for the great find

• nkw July 29, 2008, 5:41 pm

Hey this thing has a virus in it, unistall it as soon as you can!

• anoni August 29, 2008, 12:55 am

Anon.
    December 26, 2007 at 12:28 pm

any help?

• floris June 7, 2009, 10:13 pm

The program is working fine at my computer.. the only problem is that i only know a few commands.. (like !imitate and !error) anyone can get me a full comandlist?

• sullenchild October 17, 2009, 11:19 pm

I love this program but unfortunately it has stopped working… none of the commands are working… and I am fed up with its crap

• kevin C November 5, 2009, 5:10 am

DONT DOWNLOAD IT
    I GOT A VIRUS
    not from the program itsself but.
    when u start messenger a fullscreen ad pops up[everytime]. if it loads ur fucked. there was no way i could get rid of it. i had to do a system restore. DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT

• johncena2010 December 10, 2009, 9:56 am

excellent application no bug no virus just pure awesomeness. Plus if you want to imitate them this is how you do it you first put exclamation mark followed by the word “imitate” then whateva you want them to say eg. !imitate wowowowowow
    it will show that you wrote !imitate wwowowoowowow but underneath that it will come up as the person ure talking will say wowowowowowow without them knowing here is a screen shot
    Da Body Builder! says:
    !imitate hello
    Adrian says:
    hello

• Buttons June 21, 2010, 5:23 pm

This app no longer supports some of the features anymore such as know when someone is appearing offline or not, or knowing if contacts have blocked you this might be because its out of date and Microsoft have patched Windowslive to stop it. Some still features work such as the event log and knowing when someone opens a chat window before saying anything but other than that its not very helpful its mainly for fun. I have had no problems so far with installing it and some of the plugins are ok and can be fun. I havent seen anything suspicious yet either, but I reckon they should try to get it more up to date and get some of those features back

• Whut? October 21, 2010, 2:21 pm

I don’t get it. It was working fine at first, for a week or two, then when someone talks to me and I start to write back, there’s an error message saying that WLM is not working. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both WLM and Messenger Discovery, but the same thing keeps happening. And it’s not just this laptop, I used it on my father’s laptop too, and it happened there too.