Google Phone Comes to Europe

google-phone.jpg

Some time ago there were rumors on the Internet about Google Phone to be launched soon. I took this to my least attention as I thought Google would never dare step in to the hardware industry with competitors like Apple etc. But I guess RegHardware just proved that perhaps I was wrong.

Take a Look at The Google Phone

The LG’s KU-580 handset is the Google Phone for which we all have been waiting for. This great piece of gadget has all the Googe services you could imagine e.g. Google Search, Google Mail and Google Maps. The phone has got a similar scheme to the very famous LG Chocolate and has a 2 inch widescreen LCD to enhance your Google Phone experience through a 3G Connection.

Google Phone Gadget Features

• Integrated FM Radio and MP3 Player
  • Bluetooth Stereo and 3D Sound Enhancement
  • 2 Megapixel Clear Shot Camera
  • Built-in Google Services

google-phone-view.jpg

Image Courtesy: RegHardware

[tags]google, google-phone, lg-google-phone, lg-ku-580, lg-ku-580-google-phone, google-phone-ku-580[/tags]

Comments

comments

• Ashish Saini (Ashfame) June 23, 2007, 3:04 pm

Hey! Thats a cool phone. Any idea how much it will cost?

• Cold Fire June 23, 2007, 4:10 pm

Cool Phone … except still the LCD is too short for a phone like this !! even if its wide screen :S !! ….

• andrew June 23, 2007, 4:15 pm

I’MK from turkey, google phone no coming to turkey
    🙁

but very nice….
    thanks DJ Flush

• Brown Baron June 23, 2007, 10:54 pm

Wow Google is everywhere these days haha.

• shashank June 24, 2007, 9:15 am

Why this phone is called a google phone any other normal phone can have all those apps …its a LG phone ..the title was somewhat misleading…google is still in the software industry…lets see when it Comes to Asia

• Dj Flush June 24, 2007, 1:18 pm

I have no idea how much this phone is going to cost but surely the 3G Connection is going to cost a hell lol 😀

Basically it is called “Google Phone” specifically because it has all Google apps integrated out of the box. Other phones do not have this feature.

• Rahul June 24, 2007, 2:45 pm

Built in Google-Service,Cool!!!!

• Mr.Byte June 26, 2007, 9:59 am

But I am all set for iPhone 😉 I just want to try it out…

• someone cool August 13, 2007, 9:56 pm

I kinda hope that I’m not the only one who is noticing that this phone is made by LG. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure that Google and LG are two different companies…

• Dj Flush August 14, 2007, 10:11 am

someone cool I know LG and Google are two different companies but this phone was called the Google phone because it had all the features and services of Google built in it out of the box but perhaps its no longer the real “Google Phone” that is soon to come.

The Google Phone will be an exclusive gadget by Google much bigger and much better 😀

• someone cool August 15, 2007, 1:44 am

DJ flush, I completely understand what you are saying. I gripe is that you can get Google services on any half descent, modern mobile phone.
    I have a Sony Ericsson on the network “3” I have Google Mail app and Google maps app. I can also get Google reader, but I choose not to use it.

• Dj Flush August 15, 2007, 10:33 pm

I think you have a nice point there but as I said that the Google Phone is actually going to be something bigger and better so we can drop the idea that this LG phone is actually the Google Phone.

However at the time I posted this article, this LG phone was mostly known as the Google Phone all around the Internet 🙂

• someone cool August 16, 2007, 1:15 am

Yea, i’m sorry for coming across as a bit heavy. I guess i have more of a gripe about LG than i do Google apps on phones! lol! It’s just my ex had an LG and we had to keep taking it back to the shop cos every basic thing on it kept breaking down. everything from battery charging(or lack of it) all the way to a bill telling her she had send 43 texts in 1 minute!! But after all this hype, I really can’t wait to see what the google phone is gonna turn out to actually be.

• Dj Flush August 16, 2007, 1:33 am

Just watch out and I will post some Google Phone Concept Designs soon 🙂 that might be of interest to you

• someone cool August 16, 2007, 4:09 pm

yes i’m sure it will. I’ll check back periodically.