≑ Menu

How to use 3rd Party Msstyle Themes in Windows XP

vista-style-v2.jpg

I like changing the appearance of my Windows XP often because the default styles look so boring and dull. For all those people out there who like changing their XP themes often you can try the StyleXP theme changing software if you want to blow off your PC memory or else you can read below for a simple tweak that will let you change your themes without eating any PC resources.

Using 3rd Party Msstyle Themes in Windows XP

UxTheme Multi Patcher is a very nice little utility that will patch your Windows XP so that you will be able to use 3rd Party Msstyle themes without requiring any additional software. This utility does a simple little trick by patching the uxtheme.dll file which is responsible for changing your Windows styles.

Download UxTheme Patcher and Windows StylesΒ

You can head on to ThemeXP to download hundreds of free Windows XP styles and you can get the UxTheme Multi Patcher from here

Just don’t forget to apply the patch before downloading and installing any themes.

Β

Comments

comments

• Cold Fire June 29, 2007, 5:42 pm

Sounds Kewl :) … Thanx Dj !!

• Shankar Ganesh June 29, 2007, 7:18 pm

I wonder for what the hell Windows doesn’t allow me to install third party styles without this patch. Damn M$.

• Dj Flush June 30, 2007, 3:59 am

Cold Fire You are welcome buddy

Shankar Lol because it does not recognize 3rd party styles y default. That is what UxTheme Patcher is for. You must give it a try.

• Mr.Byte June 30, 2007, 7:18 pm

Never heard of UxTheme Multi Patcher before…looks good…

• Ashish Saini (Ashfame) June 30, 2007, 8:48 pm

I switched to classic theme to maximize performance when i installed xp on my pc but was getting bored so i apply longhorn transformation pack just to make everything dashing black. Enjoying it!

• Dj Flush June 30, 2007, 11:13 pm

I installed Vista Transformation Pack 7 but on uninstall it totally raped my PC so I prefer not to use any shell packs. Thats where UxTheme Patch came to my thought and now I can enjoy different themes without using any shell or theme changing software.

• Brown Baron July 1, 2007, 10:18 am

Ahh now I can finally use something that won’t eat up all my pc’s resources. Nice find buddy.

• Dj Flush July 1, 2007, 1:29 pm

Brown Baron Welcome Brown πŸ˜€ Glad to help you.

• VzzL July 21, 2007, 11:05 am

I get a ton of spyware warnings on ThemeXP, and it asks to install adware and such when you get a theme from there. Anybody know any other sites?

• Dj Flush July 21, 2007, 3:35 pm

I think you must try CrystalXP. It has a very good collection of Windows customization tips and themes.

• Brooke Brown June 19, 2008, 2:32 am

I have been searching for hours for your image of the black tree, green background, and moon. Did you find that image online? If you didn’t, would you mind sharing it with me for my personal use? I LOVE the picture and would like to set it as my welcome screen. :)

Thanks a bunch!

• Dj Flush June 19, 2008, 1:12 pm

I had that wallpaper with me long ago but not anymore :( I guess you can find this at ThemeXP

• SnicKer June 21, 2008, 3:36 pm

I love your wallpaper and i don’t find it at ThemeXP, can you share it?

• Dj Flush June 21, 2008, 5:13 pm

Unfortunately! I do not have it anymore.

• neostart August 27, 2009, 4:17 pm

M$ is best compared to other “evaluations” (hardly sayed πŸ˜‰ , when used with Tune Up. There U can use msstyles and Rocket Rocket dock and make things work faster, especially when the file weight is less than 4MB πŸ˜‰ Yes, there are some on the Tune Up site.

Anyway, it works fine and I change my skin twice a day πŸ˜‰