Aug 29, 2007:

Everyone knows that YouTube has a serious competitor in the Internet market and its none other than MegaVideo. MegaVideo claims to beat YouTube with its new set of features and services.

This service will let you make money online by just uploading and sharing videos and is itself a complete repository of online videos just like YouTube. Though MegaVideo is far from beating YouTube but people have already started using it to share great videos but the problem is that you cannot download MegaVideo videos unless you are a premium member. On the other hand we have services like Online YouTube Downloader which let you download a YouTube video instantly to your PC.

Download Videos From MegaVideo

However with this little trick bought to you by HelloGiri you can easily download and save MegaVideo videos to your computer and watch them offline whenever you like.

1. Open your MegaVideo video in your browser and let it load fully
  2. After you are done watching the video online, go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Settings -> View Files (For IE)
  3. Now you will get a large size file with long name and unknown type there
  4. Copy and paste that file at desktop, this file is the video file in flv format
  5. Rename it with flv extension, say e.g. MyMega.flv

I have tested the trick myself and it works great. See the screen below to get an idea what the file looks like and where to look for it (I tested the trick on Internet Explorer)

Notes:

• Download and use FLV Player as you will be needing it to watch the downloaded videos.
  • Remember to close all browsers and applications while trying to copy the video file

Make sure you perform this trick using Internet Explorer and not Firefox. For Firefox users, they will have to manually themselves locate the Temporary Internet Files folder in order to get this trick to work.

Don’t forget to bookmark the post for future reference :)

Comments

comments

Giridhar August 29, 2007 at 3:39 pm

Thanx for linking me.I have done nothing with your URL in first comment, it came itself. It seems that your wordpress have different settings. Check it on other wordpress blog for your URL. Enjoy.

Caleb August 29, 2007 at 10:36 pm

Very helpful! Thank you!! Oh yeah, and after you get the file, you can go to http://www.media-convert.com and convert it to IPod or DVD

Dj Flush August 30, 2007 at 3:14 am

Giridhar Oh that was just a glitch I fixed it so no worries :) but I must say the tutorial made by you is awesome.

Caleb Thanks for liking the trick and sharing an awesome resource for online file conversion.

mA*sEiRyo August 30, 2007 at 9:08 am

thanks for your suggestion

i’m now trying to get it
,but it’s still didn’t work However I’ll try again**thanks

Nikita February 27, 2009 at 10:26 am

This doesnt work in Firefox. only in internet explorer. sorry mozilla users

sai May 17, 2010 at 10:10 pm

For mozilla firefox users too there is a way:)
1)Type about:cache?device=disk in address bar and hit enter.
2)Go to the cache directory mentioned on that page. It'll look something like below:
Cache Directory: C:UsersYOUR ACCOUNTNAMEAppDataLocalMozillaFirefoxProfileswfe62nhk.defaultCache
3)The files in the above directory are nothing but temporary internet files. As mentioned in the original post, locate the largest file and add .flv extension to it. And now play it with FLV player. Thats it.
4) I'm using this trick from 2 years :) :)

ric August 30, 2007 at 5:28 pm

When i copy and paste the file onto the deskptop, it is in html. Am i doing something wrong?

Dj Flush August 30, 2007 at 10:16 pm

Try renaming it to *.flv :) though if you see the screenshot that I have posted here it shows that the file won’t have any extension at all.

megamoto August 31, 2007 at 5:26 am

unfortunately it copies the file to the TEMP folder. The file extension there is *.tmp. Those files CANNOT be copied.
I extended the size of allowed data of the Temporary Internet Files Folder to >1GB. I don’t know why it copies the file in the TEMP folder and not in the TempIEFiles-Folder. Any Idea?

Dj Flush August 31, 2007 at 5:51 am

If you are using Internet Explorer then the full loaded video will be copied to Temporary Internet Files as cache which can be easily copied to your desktop and can be renamed.

If you take a look at the screenshot you might figure out where to look for it. It worked perfect for me though.

Vhunter August 31, 2007 at 11:58 am

Ok These methods are so backwards…
Firefox users justneed a program called download helper, it’s part of firefox’s addons…creates a tri-colored icon, and it works like a charm.
go here:

Then download MPCStar, which has a FLV player built in, to watch your .flv vids in full screen format.

Have fun

ric August 31, 2007 at 5:51 pm

Yeah, i found it in my temporary internet files section, but the type of file it is under, is HTML document and is different to the screenshot of ur temporary file. And when i copy and paste it onto the desktop, it merely saves a link of it, so when i open it it goes directly back to megavideo.

I’ve tried renaming it to Megavideo.flv, but alas it doesnt change the fact that its just a link to the video.

Any help would be much appreciated.

MovieGalaxy September 1, 2007 at 10:58 pm

Thanks, Some of the videos that I post are in MegaShare, great tutorial.

kimimaro September 2, 2007 at 6:48 pm

It really works thanx dude… :D

boo September 9, 2007 at 5:09 am

I want to get the FLV code from megavideo so I can host a FULL movie on my site. I do not like the megavideo player at all. It’s ugly, YES?

Anyway…
But, I can’t seem to find a right site to do this.

TheOne September 9, 2007 at 11:04 pm

Hi all,
I have created Megavideo link Decoder for you all. you can download it from

This is beta version so comments & suggestions are most welcomed.

dare666 September 10, 2007 at 8:08 pm

Thanks man…it really works…but it takes several hour for me to find the file…if anybody have a problem just click “size” button so you can easily find it below which is the highest size.

videolinks September 12, 2007 at 1:25 am

Using Firefox download helper is a lot easier.

just make sure to click CTRL while selecting the file to be downloaded which would show as an flv file already.
And then using a download manager to download the actual URL(flv) and not the page URL(html), you don’t even have to finish the whole movie just to get the movie.

Once downloading starts on your download manager, you can surf to other sites, close your browser and your download still continues.

For more info, feel free to visit

Linda February 21, 2009 at 8:33 pm

Hi, I have downloaded firefox download helper, but when I tried to download a movie (1hr and 30 minutes) long, it only let me download 18 minutes of it…? Can you help me figure out what’s wrong? Thanks

Saad Hamid February 21, 2009 at 9:02 pm

Its probably because Megavideo now puts a limit on the number of minutes of a video that a free user can watch daily.

o2bebe September 21, 2007 at 8:09 am

Im using vista’s IE, and i have no idea how to work this out.
I tried looking for the file. but couldnt find any, help pls?

am991 September 30, 2007 at 12:17 pm

I managed to download the video but the problem is that when I rename it I can’t watch the video, even when I typed .flv

Any1 have any idea why?

Dj Flush October 2, 2007 at 11:18 pm

Guys please leave this unreliable hack to download videos from MegaVideo as there is a more reliable service that will do the same job for you

Take a look at ClipNabber

Brian October 6, 2007 at 6:32 pm

we have a second option to download videos from megavideo; with a tool that i found on http://ytc.dsnetwb.com and its name is smart media hunter, it can download the videos as flv or avi.

Lil Dude October 17, 2007 at 3:46 pm

Oh My God! This method really is a pain in the ass. Can you please explain it in a better way?

Dj Flush October 22, 2007 at 3:08 am

Please everyone use ClipNabber from now on and forget this trick.

Giloo October 22, 2007 at 11:59 pm

Great tutorial! Thanx so much. I’ve found that once in your temp internet files, if you sought the folder into file size (rightclick>sort by>size) the videos will all fall to the bottom of the page which makes finding them an easier task…

Richmond November 1, 2007 at 4:41 pm

Yes this trick is working but I have the easiest way to download it while watching. First download a Real Player 11 beta then go to Megavideo website using Mozilla put the cursor on the video about 3 seconds and then a Real Player toolbox will appear and download the file normally. If you have questions then please ask :)

maguire November 5, 2007 at 9:18 pm

I am using Mozilla. Just typed about:cache on the location bar and the fifth line would show the location of the temp files folder. Found the folder and I saw the flv file while the Megavideo was still downloading but when the video finished downloading it disappeared somehow. The video could still be watched but wasn’t able to save it afterwards.

Does anyone know why? I mean does the adobe flash settings have anything to do with it? I guess I should copy it to my desktop just before the video finishes downloading. Please any ideas anyone?

The Real N@pster November 6, 2007 at 9:17 am

Hi…!

I am Using IE-7 and initially there is no temporary files folder i the local settings…It is there as “Temp”.

Then I checked whether any file is saving temporarily in the Temp folder while i was playing a MegaVideo file.

Yeah! A file size was increasing exponentially…

Then i thought … I can save this file… and rename it as “Example.flv”

But the moment I closed Internet Explorer…suddenly that file was invisible…it got deleted somehow … I dont know how it happened.. the size was about 320MB..

Please take care … and help me

Skilla December 23, 2009 at 2:01 am

it means when your browser is closed the file is deleted automatically becuase its a temporary file. try copying it to your desktop next video you try with. :)

OmnisOfBlades March 5, 2008 at 12:53 am

If you have youtube downloader you can convert any video to many different formats.

myvideolinks March 5, 2008 at 5:36 am

you should try saving it to another location while the browser is still open and the page is still on.

Just copy and paste it and rename it to another location. :)

hope that helps.

Thanks April 16, 2008 at 4:52 pm

Thanks for instructions but I was expecting something different.

Ahsen Junaid June 14, 2008 at 2:27 pm

Assalam-o-alikum
or
hi
The thing is that this trick is very old i myself use
http://www.clipnabber.com and http://www.keepvid.com to download the videos
just have to copy the url of the video u r watching and place it on the site and click “Nab it” or downloadit it shows a link below and by clicking it the download of the video starts its very easy and also for mozilla firefox users there is an add-on of fire fox which download the video . it supports almost 100 sites just search for “Down them All” in google and download the addon then open the page of the video click the video link shown above right to the address bar a 3 colored balloon wil be present with an arrow click the arrow and then the link shown
please reply to me
ahsen_j@hotmail.com
Goodbye
Allahhafiz

Senix July 3, 2008 at 4:03 pm

You could open the downlaod link for megavideo in safari, there you can download the .flv instantly ;)

Hannah July 18, 2008 at 12:34 pm

Thank you sooooooooo much! :)

James July 29, 2008 at 5:24 am

Hi All.

I have to second the realplayer idea. I am using it to download a movie off of megavideo right now, and it works perfectly!

ehcomunicacion August 11, 2008 at 11:19 am

Great tip

Mark August 14, 2008 at 4:53 pm

Thanks, I’ve been trying to download the Anime Episodes I’ve been watching at http://www.youranimenow.com

Thanks to this I can download them now :D

Chess October 9, 2008 at 12:23 am

I dunno about you all but it works fine on my laptop! Hehehehehe I’ve downloaded tons and tons of videos, not just from Megavideo but practically every website that features flash videos!

Good job!

chris latimer October 29, 2008 at 8:33 pm

Personally am using the Firefox download helper and thats working fine for me so am happy.

Lemur November 11, 2008 at 3:43 am

Clipnabber and other websites aren’t working with MegaVideo anymore… And when I go to my temp. files (through the folder, about:cache, etc.) they aren’t showing up. My Unplug (for Firefox) isn’t finding them anymore, either.

I guess MegaVideo has fixed it so people can’t download their files anymore..?

Ramin November 18, 2008 at 2:35 am

O man this sht helped me alot, thanks bro

John Bower December 13, 2008 at 11:04 am

I use vid23.com … it gets me the original video’s link that only premium members were able to get. but with this site, anyone can get the URL :)

Ralextheoncq December 15, 2008 at 6:05 am

God bless your little heart J. Bower! I didn’t think I’d ever be able to download off of megavideo again.
ever grateful,
Ralex

joe January 4, 2009 at 1:13 pm

THank you soo much dudee!! you saved mee a couple hundred bucks!!

Klaudia March 20, 2009 at 4:09 am

Thanks for this awesome link!

Klaudia April 13, 2009 at 10:09 pm

Vid23 doesn’t work anymore :(

Sun Zhu August 4, 2010 at 4:39 am

shit dont work……bullshit.

Curious Mind February 12, 2009 at 4:12 pm

Download video’s from Megavideo how to,

Step 1: Have Firefox installed

Step 2: Install Adblock+

Step 3: Play video

Step 4: In Firefox go to “Tools/Options/ and unclick Javascript”

Step 5: Open Adblock plus “Blockable items on page thingy, scroll down to where it will say e.g. “http://www528.megavideo.com/files/Random Shiz/”, copy this address in browser window, save file, rename it “whateveryouwant.flv”

Step 6: Watch it,personally I use Media Player Classic installed but you can use VLC Media player to watch it plus its free :)

VLC Media Player

And remember sharing is caring!

Shensen February 23, 2009 at 6:57 am

Good job finding that site, but the conformation code dosent show up (as if the picture is missing). I dont know what code to put in, so i cant use the site. does that happen to anybody else?

Shisho February 24, 2009 at 1:23 pm

Hello, there is an easyer way to download from megavideo without account directly to an avi file, I found this program:

nomad March 23, 2009 at 4:35 pm

I tried downloading movies with the Realplayer video download feature AND the Firefox add-on but those tools only download a certain amount of the movie. Like 64 minutes downloaded only. I need help with downloading movies!

Theresa June 1, 2009 at 8:49 am

OMG it works!! thankyou so much!! that was brilliant! i didn’t know you could take videos like that!

atiq June 6, 2009 at 12:31 am

That was an old trick but easiest.

Randomer June 7, 2009 at 5:21 pm

Clipnabber doesn’t work for megavids anymore and I’ve tried your method and it still doesn’t work. Is there any other way to download the videos? Please help, and thanks =D

Randomer June 7, 2009 at 5:25 pm

It’s Ok! Fixed it! cheers shisho!

Me June 8, 2009 at 5:31 am

it doesnt work anymore!!!! it works on youtube though

Tomis June 21, 2009 at 2:17 am

Does this work for youtube

belle June 27, 2009 at 12:21 pm

It seems after i've downloaded a video, the next day i can't watch any videos from megavideo! The page just goes blank and i can't even press play. Is megavideo down? Can someone help me?

michael June 28, 2009 at 7:00 am

may i convert to a mpeg file

tomas June 29, 2009 at 3:00 am

otra mierda,y chrome

AFTAlonzo June 30, 2009 at 7:29 pm

Because I'm not a premium member, I can't watch the whole movie without it stopping halfway through and then having to wait an hour before I can pick up where I left off. Do I just let the movie load without having to actually hit play?

dave09 July 1, 2009 at 7:13 am

hi..

try http://hold-tube.com, they have features to download video from megavideo and another video sites. They support to download video files in different video formats
(flv, 3gp, HD, HQ, MP4 – depend on video sites)

AFTAlonzo July 1, 2009 at 7:33 pm

After downloading the video, is there any other online converters for .flv to .mp4? I've tried media-convert.com vid23 but they haven't worked for me.

AFTAlonzo July 2, 2009 at 12:33 am

sai July 11, 2009 at 7:11 am

i am very satisfied with ur solution.,i can get all the req.videos from the megavideo.

hakatak August 2, 2009 at 10:12 am

Video cleaner pro from riverpast if u want to convert to wmv,avi,mpg …
Wait for movie full load b4 save , no need premium account

Avindra G August 3, 2009 at 9:34 am

I just made a script for this, check it out:

Linda August 4, 2009 at 10:30 pm

Hi, I have downloaded firefox download helper, but when I tried to download a movie (1hr and 30 minutes) long, it only let me download 18 minutes of it…? Can you help me figure out what's wrong? Thanks

dopple August 23, 2009 at 11:57 am

If you are using linux, you can pause the video and then open your /tmp/ directory. The paused video should be there.

init1 January 30, 2010 at 4:50 pm

Wow this works great! Assuming that you're running X. And Firefox. And have the flash player installed. Which is assuming a lot. Tools like clive and youtube-dl don't require any of those, but they don't support megavideo

Hasini August 28, 2009 at 3:35 am

wow! it works! thank you!

nick1001 September 5, 2009 at 7:42 am

Thank you very much for a useful info!

El Marginado September 15, 2009 at 6:29 pm

If you are a Firefox User, can do it easyer.

You could install a litle complement called DOWNLOAD HELPER and this program do exactly than you need

Dont like to giv name September 26, 2009 at 3:44 pm

too bad…….
is thr any other ways 2 download it????
without wastin too much time???

suoko September 27, 2009 at 7:33 pm

the /tmp solution is the easiest

araheem October 26, 2009 at 10:55 am

Its work perfactly….but if clip start/stored from beginning….if we start from any portion…then its stored in int.temp. folder as 255788(1) , its not play.

menchester03 October 30, 2009 at 11:19 am

Wow! this is great & really helpfull to me. And I am sure that I will definitely promote this website with my URL

for more details on this website please Click Here

megaaathma October 30, 2009 at 8:40 pm

does not work any longer

mega aathma October 31, 2009 at 1:40 am

does not work any longer

aadi October 31, 2009 at 11:53 am

thanxs… m the mew user for this site and i wanted to download these movies from megavideo, but every time i try to download, it works for while then suddenly gets failed.. i hope that your trick might work.. surely i'l try this.. thanxs………………

achmadz November 4, 2009 at 12:53 pm

Hello,
in case someone looking for some alternative MegaVideo downloader (other than posted on comments above), I've created my own MegaVideo downloader. Here's the site:
let me know if there's something wrong with my site.

bunt November 5, 2009 at 8:20 pm

megavideodownloader is awesome man.

toyma November 15, 2009 at 8:01 am

Hello,

tried your site. I hated the survey thing. Even if you register for the lotto thing, you can't download the file. Loss of time

achmadz November 15, 2009 at 9:37 am

Hi,
Alright.. I've enabled “Close” button for the survey so you can skip it, but in exchange please visit the sponsors/ads. Once a day is enough, I think it's a fair for both of us, isn't it?

peterseller November 11, 2009 at 12:05 am

If using a MAC – download the free “Flash Video Downloader 2″. Open the Megavideo Page with the movie. Copy the URL and insert it in the “FVD2″. Insert the name of the movie – press download. Thats it. After downloading – use a FLV Player to watch. ;_)

hidayath November 19, 2009 at 2:43 am

hello sir

i am using awhoo.com to watch movies and it is the site which uses megavideo ( i mean all the movies are uploaded in megavideo ) but the thing is when i begin the movie it will play for 62 minute and ask me to wait for some time

ok here is the question
i have also installed internet download manager in my computer and in my browser so when any video is playing in the browser it will ask me to download where i can click download button and start downloading it. but

point 1. it will download till the permission which is allotted (it can not download full length movie) and stops in some where in the middle
point 2. when i restart the download it will not continue from where it left
point 3. if i start downloading it from the middle of the movie and save it to my computer then the file does not play in any player even in flv player (even i have changed the extention)

is their any other way where i can download the full length movie with out taking any risk also with good clarity for free

achmadz November 19, 2009 at 4:46 am

awhoo.com is parked domain.. are you spamming?

FokrulA1 December 1, 2009 at 8:16 pm

i dnt understand the third instuction plz help

FokrulA1 December 1, 2009 at 8:22 pm

is it different with windows vista

twins December 3, 2009 at 6:55 pm

I use : http://www.megavideodownload.fr
works well =)

flvhater December 7, 2009 at 11:33 pm

Why does everything download in flv? Really.

Michael December 21, 2009 at 7:46 am

Thank you for telling me the right thing
thanks again.

Watch Movies Online December 28, 2009 at 2:43 pm

yooooo thanks for the tips, i will try this soon :)

sienna January 22, 2010 at 8:04 pm

hi baby

jim January 6, 2010 at 5:37 am

I can not download videos from youtube with real player. Anyone can help?

init1 January 30, 2010 at 9:50 pm

josh February 20, 2010 at 12:45 am

i neeed 2 download soething that can beat megavideo i can only watch half of stuff help needed please

josh February 20, 2010 at 5:45 am

AS April 27, 2010 at 9:29 pm

better way to download install Jdownloader, will download it easily. no need to fully load either…..

Loren May 23, 2010 at 8:41 am

i have followed all the instructions exactly but when i copy it to desktop is copies as a file not a video? im not sure what to do.

TungHee May 24, 2010 at 2:35 am

great ! thanks alot

amelia May 27, 2010 at 4:15 pm

Thank you so much that is freakin amazing!
love love love

chris June 23, 2010 at 12:51 pm

it doesnt work i try it

Christosmarkantonis June 23, 2010 at 12:52 pm

i cannot find it why ??
i have internet explorer

Mosey911 June 23, 2010 at 5:05 pm

try….movier.tv

Ranjith k July 10, 2010 at 12:47 am

supper my megatv

Den_kyle2000 August 23, 2010 at 10:39 pm

do i copy d whole lot of files that came up to my laptop?? and how do i kno which one?

Manga_panda September 3, 2010 at 6:55 pm

I guess I have another version of internet explorer and due to that, can’t download the file that way, anymore….anyone there who could help me?

Irfan_genious November 21, 2010 at 6:06 pm

only fast audio

i need help
plzzzz

Guest February 16, 2011 at 10:19 am

What about on a mac?

Dixit Shridhar July 11, 2011 at 4:43 am

Earlier this trick was workig but now when i play megavideo no big file appears in tem int file

Dixit Shridhar July 11, 2011 at 4:43 am

useless April 27, 2010 at 1:14 pm

id use your site and even jump the hoops if it didnt want to enroll me in a spam game and charge me for the privilege EVERY DAY!