Get Free GPS using Google Maps on Mobile

Google Maps MobileGoogle has come up with a new service for Google Maps Mobile users which will allow them to use Global Positioning System without actually connecting to a GPS Satellite. This new service comes with the Google Maps Mobile v2.0 which can be downloaded from http://www.google.com/gmm

This new service by Google is called My Location (Beta) and its main purpose is to help you see your location on the map, with or without GPS.

It works very smoothly just like any other mobile application. Once you install it on your smartphone, it will show up an option called My Location. Selecting it or directly pressing “0” on your mobile numpad will show you a Blue Dot on your Google Maps which will tell you about your current location. If you are not connected using a GPS enabled device then it will give you an approximate radius of the area of your location.

My Location does not use any extra resources like other GPS devices so it will definitely give your mobile battery a boost. My Location feature is available for most web-enabled mobile phones, including Java, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, and Nokia/Symbian devices.

I have myself tested this new service on my Nokia N95 and it works like a charm. Definitely its a must have for your mobile. Here is a good video presentation of My Location that will help you understand it better.

Comments

comments

• endot May 19, 2010, 8:14 pm

is it free to use?

• Anonymous April 22, 2011, 6:44 pm

Great offer i can’t miss out such opportunity and i think that you never get offer in the future that is totally free..

fleet tracking

• Gwen April 28, 2011, 5:29 pm

will i have to pay roaming charges on my smart phone?

• Anonymous May 3, 2011, 2:08 pm

When using free apps like Google Maps/Navigation, etc. As Das8nt mention, there is no charge for using the actual GPS chip. However, cellular Information is used for the program to download the maps onto your phone. This offer is nice to all of us Thanks !!
    vistaprint coupons

• Anonymous May 3, 2011, 2:08 pm

• mole removal May 28, 2011, 5:05 pm

Wow.. I like this technology and Its awesome technology for every human beings. If you have GPS Chip then you can easily download the maps onto GPS support Mobile Phone. Thanks for the information.

• Manuel porras June 8, 2011, 2:44 pm

is very interesting the post i like this info