10+ Free Tools to Bypass Firewalls and Access Blocked Websites

Internet censorship is becoming a big disaster day by day. I never imagined that my own country would adopt this practice one day but when recently Pakistan blocked YouTube I realized that I cannot even trust my own ISP and decided to take the matters in my own hands (well kind of)

Over the year I have shared a number of tips and tricks related to bypassing Internet firewalls and accessing blocked websites but with time these tricks have become useless and obsolete so today I am sharing with you 10 Free Tools to bypass firewalls and access blocked websites that will make sure that you get to visit those websites blocked by your country ISPs or network firewalls.

1. UltraSurf (Link)

UltraSurf is the flagship software product from UltraReach for Internet anti-censorship. It enables users inside countries with heavy Internet censorship to visit any public web sites in the world safely and freely. It enables users to browse any website freely just the same as using the regular browser while it automatically searches the highest speed proxy servers in the background.

2. GPass (Link)

Hide your IP address during web surfing. Support streaming audio/video, email, instant messaging, download managers, etc. Break through Internet blocking. Easy-to-use graphical user interface.

3. FreeGate (Link)

FreeGate is an anti-censorship client software for a secure and faster internet. Users access web sites overseas as fast as their local ones. It requires no installation or change in system setting. FreeGate works together with DynaWeb, a P2P-like proxy network system.

4. Garden GTunnel (Link)

GTunnel is a Windows application that works as a local HTTP or SOCKS proxy server. After setting proxy to GTunnel in web browser or other Internet applications, the traffic will go through GTunnel and our server farm before it reaches its original destination.

5. JAP (Link)

JAP makes it possible to surf the internet anonymously and unobservably. Instead of connecting directly to a webserver, users take a detour, connecting with encryption through several intermediaries, so-called Mixes. JAP uses a predetermined sequence for the mixes. Such a sequence of linked mixes is called a Mix Cascade. Users can choose between different mix cascades.

6. Your Freedom (Link)

Your Freedom services makes accessible what is unaccessible to you, and it hides your network address from those who don’t need to know. It turns your own PC into an uncensored, anonymous web proxy and an uncensored, anonymous SOCKS proxy that your applications can use, and it can even get you connected to the Internet just as if you were using an unrestricted DSL or cable connection.

7. Hopster (Link)

Hopster is all about open, safe and uncensored internet access. At home, schools, universities and offices worldwide, even in countries where Freedom of Speech is a political challenge. Hide your real IP address and protect yourself from nosy people and wannabe-hackers.

8. Freenet (Link)

Freenet is free software which lets you publish and obtain information on the Internet without fear of censorship. To achieve this freedom, the network is entirely decentralized and publishers and consumers of information are anonymous. Without anonymity there can never be true freedom of speech, and without decentralization the network will be vulnerable to attack.

9. Tor (Link)

Tor is a software project that helps you defend against traffic analysis, a form of network surveillance that threatens personal freedom and privacy, confidential business activities and relationships, and state security. Tor works with many of your existing applications, including web browsers, instant messaging clients, remote login, and other applications based on the TCP protocol.

10. HotSpot Shield (Link)

HotSpot Shield creates a secure virtual private network (VPN) over your connection allowing you to bypass any ISP firewalls and lets you visit even those websites which are blocked by your ISP. It can also be used to visit those websites which are specifically meant for US users e.g. Pandora, Hulu etc.

These tools can also be used by students and workers in their school/colleges and offices respectively to bypass network firewalls.

Comments

comments

• Syahid A. March 24, 2008, 3:04 pm

Essential list man. 10 tools to prevent snooping will absolutely be useful to anyone who thinks about privacy.

• Rakshit March 29, 2008, 8:40 pm

I tried Jap, Freedom and hopster and they all are excellent bypassing tools.

Thanks for this great list.

Stumbled

• ismaelgomez April 23, 2010, 9:05 pm

how kan i get in to mysapce all the proxys i know had been blocked

• James Edwards March 31, 2008, 2:21 am

Check out http://www.proxylord.com it is very fast and secure…Works on Youtube also!

• Sogy April 5, 2008, 11:27 am

Hey anyone knows how to use freegate or anything else to access gmail imap using thunderbird when everything other that port 80 and https is blocked

• Lam Chun Chi April 10, 2008, 6:15 pm

My ISP, The (FK) Indonesia Telkom Speed block the rapidshare.com & YouTube, I change the free public proxy server and solve only the YouTube problem, and our customer can access to YouTube now, but the rapidshare.com still can not until found you help on this blog, the UltraSurf help us a lot :) thank you so much indeed. Thank you brother.

• Fachia May 1, 2008, 7:45 am

Just adding a link, Tembus is a free anonymous surf service but it is segmented for Indonesian People. It is located at IIX server so well fast accessed from Indonesia. But I’m still wondering is it possible to make access time faster by using such kind of service.

• rohit kumar May 12, 2008, 10:59 am

Thanks a lot for sharing these…I tried Ultrasuft…this is excellent.

• Teeth Maestro May 25, 2008, 4:39 am

I would recommend PsiPhon which is a better tool then the over congested TOR network

Psiphon

• Oluwaseun May 30, 2008, 7:13 pm

Please, can I install some of these packages on my PC without internet connection and still connect to internet, if yes, someone help me with how to do it

• mohammed ali May 30, 2008, 8:57 pm

i lik 2 try Jap, Freedom and hopster,
    pls help me

thankz for this help

• david June 16, 2008, 5:43 pm

your freedom isn’t going on glo line via gprs.any one know au to bail me out.but infact,when working it was great

• hank freid July 9, 2008, 11:17 am

I also recommend PsiPhon. This is better tool.

• shangotek July 10, 2008, 1:33 am

Hi Guy ….Thank for share…..very nice job….take care u..

• Olapet July 19, 2008, 1:58 pm

I tried ultrasurf too and it was wonderful, thank you and keep the good work up. Love u brother

• Ibrahim Hudhaif July 19, 2008, 4:47 pm

Hi

I really enjoyed these tools, there are very neat and useful.

Keep up the good work!

• fredrck January 22, 2010, 1:03 pm

hello there i need to get ultra surf working well ,cos it doesnt open or send emails how do i get this to work properly

• mororo July 26, 2008, 9:32 pm

i’ve using ultrareach for a few month… then suddenly the program & file are deleted by my AV… im using bitdefender plus 10… is there any way i can use this program without dissabling my AV.

• Eric August 3, 2008, 7:33 pm

The programs are great but they all leave a registry entry. Which lets say you are an Ethical Hacker and/or you just want to be as safe as you can. Each one of these programs are great since you can input a proxy before connecting, which I have like 5 encrypted proxy servers of my own, but anyway each program leaves a a bunch of registry keys which can be traced back to you.

• Kalyan August 21, 2008, 4:59 pm

Hi guys

I tried Ultrasurf and Freegate both r Excellent
    but Ultrasurf servers are blocked in ur organization so i’m now usin freegate which uses the powerful concept of DynaWeb and searches u 4 Open proxies which anyone can xploit and surf d web anonymously but i’m facin a problem using zis…
    Gmail the most required is not accesible usin freegate as it

uses https port:443 to forward the data so port error 443 is coming so how can i zolve zis problem?any help will b appreciated !!!!!!

10HnX…

• Timi September 26, 2008, 4:16 am

hi, i had of a software that connected VPN through GPRS and connectes to countries like germany, Us. pls i will any one who knows about it to tell me the name and how to get it

• eminda October 17, 2008, 8:54 pm

how to bypass login hotspot?

is there any simple tool formatted in windows extention ( .exe) ?

i need internet in high time, around me there are so many hotspot using login page. but i think not wrong i try to sometime using one of them..

please help.

• Raymond November 23, 2008, 9:04 pm

I tried all the mentioned ways to breakout from China. Tks to Hamid, at last I found a way that worked.

1) Proxy servers and online web proxys – most of them didn’t work, remaining few couldn’t handle my preferred newspaper sites properly, too slow and partially functional.
    2) Generic.dx were reported by Mcafee on Ultrasurf and few other free tools.
    3) Example Google translation didn’t allow translation from English to English.
    4) Hex encoded URL didn’t work.
    5) Convert Url to IP did work.
    6) Hotspot Shield was the only one fully functional with acceptable speed.

• Trey December 10, 2008, 11:01 pm

Tried them all none of them worked.

Do you know anything to bypass a program made by Eagle Software. It is a firewall that lets you use a proxy once but if you try to use it again it will recognize it and block it. I think it blocks things by looking at a list of words, phrases, etc that is made by the admin.

• Kang Asep December 23, 2008, 7:21 am

Thanks a lot for your shared.
    I tried HotSpot Shield …this is excellent.

• Eugene Ofori Addo April 15, 2009, 3:28 am

Wow,lol Ultrasurf and Freegate are always the best but lol they are no more working in ghana why? and how do you go about Tor is kind of complicated

• Phaoloo June 28, 2009, 3:27 am

Just wonder why Tor is at #9, it should be the second choice right after UltraSurf.

UltraSurf is extremely easy and effective to use, why Tor is so powerful with many tools included.

• phaoloo June 28, 2009, 8:27 am

• paul o July 22, 2009, 4:13 pm

please i don’t know how to set them up…..

• Hayden Cunningham July 23, 2009, 2:54 am

Tor is very slow. It really needs more volunteers to run tor servers. Hotspotshield is ad driven. You never know how much info they or any free providers are collecting about you. It might be ok for some light surfing but if you are planning to use extensively you are better of with some serious provider. Also hulu has blocked Hotspotshield. I currently use http://www.acevpn.com and pay $5 which is not bad. I thought about running my own VPN server but it works out expensive than acevpn. So decided to stick with them.

• done July 27, 2009, 2:17 pm

pls i need the working software that can be used for mtn and zain gprs connection to laptop and phone. your freedom is forking up with me. i will appreciate that if anyone could respond.
    thanks

• c_a_m September 2, 2009, 5:07 pm

Lol none of those work for me, iprism blocked all of them.

• wowowo October 3, 2009, 7:00 am

omg another useless list with the same shite software oooommmggg

• Tom Jonesstone November 6, 2009, 11:02 am

I would suggest http://www.http-tunnel.com They have a free service or paid for much faster.

• eng fm November 23, 2009, 12:05 am

i need the crack of this software pingfu udp kindly send to my email the crack setup if gotting or the key femtek98@yahoo.co.uk

• surfingman November 23, 2009, 6:34 am

freegates its excellence proxy if use emegency mode……no blocked anymore and damm fast

• Michael Griffin December 4, 2009, 7:09 am

i need the best proxy that work really good

• Michael Griffin December 4, 2009, 12:11 pm

i need a excellence proxy that work great for mocospace

• laurina307 January 20, 2010, 2:58 am

thanks so much

ultasur is fenomenal

• fredrck January 22, 2010, 6:03 pm

• aj April 25, 2010, 8:30 pm

hi thr!!!!
    Its really great site 4 the info.
    Thanx 4 all

• gretz May 20, 2010, 9:41 pm

thanks for the tips… and I choose JAP

• najib ur rehman May 21, 2010, 2:02 am

thatvis something really usrfull , 10 application will do the magic for atleast a countty like Pakistan where the frerfom of speech is enabled by a dictator but is disabled by a democratic government, everything here is opposite and un-determined

thankyou dude for such usrfull tools which are most needed here

• Kak May 28, 2010, 7:52 am

Hi,

Any of such option or software available for iPhone, I want use facebook from iPhone

• ontyfrancken June 18, 2010, 3:49 pm

i use Ultrasurf over JAP, it work!

• TheLastPope July 27, 2010, 3:48 pm

I'm using Tor here (Nigeria) which had been working for quite a number of weeks; but recently seem to have been blocked by the channel through which my connection is made! Could there be any solution to this? I could by chance connect but cant browse because the downlink doesn't respond at all after connecting!! Please is there any assistance you could offer to me! thank in anticipation and look forward to your speedy response. TheLastPope

• Test November 11, 2010, 7:48 pm

Yes, the solution is first you go to hell, second, durn Nigeria to the goround because you are all a bunch of frausters. ALL proxy are blocking Nigeria because you are dirty dogs.

• Litigomines December 17, 2010, 3:50 pm

YOU ARE A FOOL. SHOW ME ONE COUNTRY THAT HAS NOT FRAUD ACTIVITIES? WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE IF NOT TRYING TO BYPASS AND GET SOME FREE ACCESS, IS THAT NOT FRAUD. FUNKY ANIMAL LIKE YOU CANT EVEN SPELL SHIT. ATLEAST THERE ARE NO GUNS IN NIGERIA STREET. CHECK OUT THE USA DEATH POLE DAILY.

• Femluv January 9, 2011, 11:38 am

fuck u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! who ever u are

• hnjd May 7, 2011, 11:20 am

thats nice man
    your the bob!

• Web design August 16, 2011, 3:25 pm

10 Free Tools to Bypass Firewalls and Access Blocked Websites Nice this

• arjun September 7, 2011, 9:55 am

hi,,,,,
    i’m use to UltraSurf i given to mark 10-09

• Drek July 28, 2012, 8:57 pm

can anyone please explain how to use Jap or freegate with any of the connection in Nigeria i.e Multilink, what are the configuration that need to be done.. i never use this before. please help

• Hyteria August 14, 2012, 11:39 pm

I Love u all, thanks to the programmers…now am free :)
    i used HotSpot and it works perfectly

• Dan Dumitrache April 21, 2013, 7:39 am

Puffin browser is a good way for accessing censored websites. Unfortunately it is available only on mobile devices. I use ultra surf for accessing Facebook here in Vietnam. Tor is good but slow.

• jamesiswizard_1 September 27, 2013, 3:53 pm