Raymond, the free software giveaway king, is now back with another walkthrough to help you get a free 1 year McAfee VirusScan Plus 2008 license. It would normally cost you $40 for a year so if you want to save some money, act fast.
McAfee VirusScan Plus and SiteAdvisor prevents malicious activity on your PC. This security software bundle offers anti-virus, anti-spyware and a firewall. Being one of the product of the best antivirus company, there is no question about the reliability and effectiveness of this software. It will give you PC a complete and long-lasting security.
The walkthrough is quite simple. I am sharing it in simple steps however for a detailed tutorial with images, you should check Raymond’s original post.
- Open this link and click the big yellow banner that says “Free PC Security – McAfee”
- Click the “Register now” button and on the following page fill out all details and click “I Agree”
- Once the free order has been processed, click “Go to my Account” button
- In the “My Most Recent Products” section you will see your details about your licensed copy of McAfee VirusScan Plus 2008. Click the Download/Install icon and on the following page click “I Agree”
- Click download to download the DMSetup.exe download file
- Run DMSetup.exe when download completes. McAfee download manager should automatically log you in and find that you have McAfee VirusScan Plus in your account, then just click Download button.
- McAfee download manager should now start downloading McAfee VirusScan Plus (38MB)
- Once finished downloading, click Install and follow the on-screen instruction.
You should now have a fully functional 1 Year licensed copy of McAfee VirusScan Plus 2008. Enjoy!