Its here! Omg its finally here! Winpwn 2.0, the iPhone Unlocking and Jailbreaking utility for Windows has finally been released.
Winpwn does for Windows what Pwnage does for Mac. Winpwn will allow users to unlock and jailbreak 1st Gen iPhones and will also allow jailbreaking of iPod Touch and iPhone 3G.
Some features of Winpwn 2.0 are:
- Support for both 1.1.4 and 2.0
- Custom Image Support
- Custom Payload Support
- iPhone 3G support
The download link is provided at the end of this article. For a How-To please refer to the following steps:
- First create a custom IPSW using the IPSW Builder.
- Click “Ipwner” and browse for the custom IPSW that you just created. This will pwn itunes and allow you to flash Custom IPSW files via DFU mode
- Once you have pwned Itunes, put your phone into DFU mode. If you don’t know how to do this click Here.
- Once you are in DFU mode Itunes will pop up and then you can hold shift and click restore and browse to your custom IPSW file.
Make sure of the following notes:
- Remove Winpwn 1.0 completely
- Download and install latest iTunes 7.7
Download link for full iPhone 2.0 Firmware:
Use this guide to update iPod Touch to Firmware 2.0 for Free and then use Winpen to Jailbreak it.
For more questions and support refer to the official Winpwn site. Though I will be posting a tutorial with screenshots on Sizlopedia soon.