Aug 9, 2008:

The Beijing Olympics 2008 have finally begun and if you are one unlucky soul like me who has missed watching the opening ceremony that was yesterday, Worry not!

Following is a list of all resources that provide real-time video footage of the Beijing Olympic Games 2008. Some of these resources highlight events while some of them allow you to watch the Beijing Olympics 2008 live Online for Free.

1. Subscribe to official Beijing Olympics 2008 Video Feeds.
  2. Watch video clips on the official YouTube channel for Beijing Olympics 2008.
  3. Get live Olympics 2008 coverage at CCTV.
  4. Watch live streams at Yahoo 7 and read news and reviews at Yahoo 7 Blog.
  5. Stream live from BBC Sports or CBC.

The following blogs are covering the events and news related to Beijing Olympics 2008:

1. NY Times Olympics Blog
  2. LA Times Olympics Blog
  3. ABC Olympics Blog
  4. Beijing Olympics Fan
  5. Beijing Olympics Blog
  6. Olympic Games Blog
  7. China Olympics Blog

Kudos to Haris and Keith for compiling and sharing these excellent resources.

Update: Here are some Desktop apps for users to keep themselves updated with all Beijing Olympics 2008 news and updates.

Comments

comments

Ashfame August 9, 2008 at 6:52 pm

You have done a good job of compiling this list. I am not a sports fab but many others are. :)

David August 10, 2008 at 8:39 am

I’d love to be able to get an HD version of the games to watch, WITHOUT the non-stop silly CHATTERING of the announcers!

This ceremony was obviously designed to be taken in from a distance, watching the entire floor and ceiling scrim. NBC kept changing the Point Of View (POV) every few seconds. It was extremely annoying. You cannot begin to appreciate the way everything flowed the way they did it.

I especially loved the Tai Chi part, mainly because I play Tai Chi myself. If you’ve never done Tai Chi in a group setting, I can tell you that it’s quite an amazing experience! It almost feels like you’re wearing a kind of suit, like a space suit, that moves with you as the entire group moves. You can close your eyes and just feel where everybody is and how they’re moving.

But the way the video producers kept switching the POV from above to the floor to panning to still to the ceiling to the side to the floor …. it was dizzying, and completely negated the artistic value of the entire performance.

It would be great to see things from just one or two POVs.

Hammad August 10, 2008 at 2:17 pm

excellent list saad…thanks for sharing.

Ivan August 10, 2008 at 3:38 pm

Is there any TV channel with Windows Media Player streaming?

Olympic Medal Standings August 11, 2008 at 12:09 am

Thanks this information will help Olympic geek here and all over the world.

Beijing Hotels December 9, 2009 at 5:20 am

Interesting post. I have made a twitter post about this. Others no doubt will like it like I did.

Beijing Hotels Reservation December 9, 2009 at 10:20 am