Sep 20, 2008:

As a part of Microsoft’s $300 Million Advertising Campaign, the new ‘I am a PC’ ads are proving to be quite influential and controversial at the same time.

These new ‘I am a PC’ ads by Microsoft follow the two Bill-Seinfield ads launched lately which failed to promote Windows the right way. The motto of this new campaign is “Life without Walls” and the motif is to bash Apple Mac just like Apple bashed Vista with its ‘Get a Mac’ ad campaign.

The ‘I am a PC’ campaign is much more interactive than other ad campaigns in the sense that it allows users to make their own ‘I am a PC’ video and upload to the official Lifewithoutwalls site. This video is then displayed live on the Microsoft Website and even on the NY Times Square (live video feed provided by Labnol).

The real controversy begins where AppleInsider claims that the ‘I am a PC’ ad created by Microsoft were actually produced using Macs running Adobe Creative Suite 3.

However there is no proof whether the above image is 100% authentic or not and there may also be a possibility that AppleInsider is being secretly funded by Apple just to spread the false rumor.

For so far as I know for myself, ‘I am a Human’.

Comments

comments

Imran Hussain September 20, 2008 at 7:26 pm

It’s very possible that the marketing company that they hired use Macs. This shouldn’t be a big issue to make this campaign controversial as most marketing companies use macs. This doesn’t mean in any way that Microsoft themselves used Macs.

Kevin September 20, 2008 at 11:04 pm

I hate to say this on any blog, but this post was disgusting. It is not controversial in the smallest amount. Sean is a Microsoft employee who happens to look a lot like the apple “PC” guy. Even if some of the still shots were made on Macs, people who are PC’s are still PC’s.

With that said, I think it to be nearly impossible that Microsoft would be stupid enough to do their adds on Macintosh computers. They know that everyone is watching for the slightest flaw in their adds and are doing everything they can to keep it positive.

At the same time, it is possible that the company that is doing the adds for Microsoft used Apple computers without thinking. If that is the case, they will get an earful from Microsoft, and myself, if it ever becomes obvious that that is what happened.

UzEE September 21, 2008 at 7:01 am

@Imran

It would be a pretty stupid mistake by Microsoft if that turns out to be true. But I really doubt this, and all this appears to be false rumors.

k3sh September 21, 2008 at 8:55 am

Lol, it could be a hoax. Why on earth Microsoft want to use Mac instead PC for produce the ad. Is that because that software only available for Mac?

That makes no sense aite?

PC September 21, 2008 at 12:13 pm

Whatever it is.. Microsoft should pay me something to do these ads.. Afterall I m a PC.. A real PC.. :P

Karl L. September 22, 2008 at 11:53 pm

Haven’t any of you come to the conclusion that you are technically fighting over, isn’t even what you are fighting over. You keep saying “I am a Mac” or “I am a PC”…but what your really are fighting over is an OS…Windows vs OS X.

By all Technicalities a MAC is a PC…because what does PC really mean? Say it with me children “Personal Computer”. A Mac is a PC, a Dell is a PC, a MPC is a PC, a HP is a PC and so on and so on and so on. Shouldn’t we be saying, “I am Vista” or “I am Leopard”? ;-)

Hi November 7, 2008 at 3:03 pm

:) That’s really funny ! We are just customers, and I personally don’t care who “I am” PC or Mac. I can be both of them or none of them. If some company develops a better OS and computer I will take it.

seb December 15, 2008 at 8:54 pm

C’mon, just use Linux, it is better, you can see the code, and it supports too many architectures (in opposition to Mac and ‘PC’).