Free Websites to Convert Text to Speech

http://blogs.cooperhealth.org/?option=How-The-Stock-Market-Affects-Mortgage-Rates How The Stock Market Affects Mortgage Rates

Knock Binary Option Popularity Chart

iSpeech

Good Price Binary Option Profit System Special Offer Sale

Voz Me

Stock Market Royal Mail Shares

SpokenText

http://automotorblog.com/?option=Where-Can-I-Really-Make-Money-Online Where Can I Really Make Money Online

Yakitome

yakiomeLike any other web serivce Yakitome also allows you to easily convert text files into downloadable Mp3/Wav files. Using this free web service you can listen to work documents, homework, PowerPoint presentations, emails, RSS feeds, blogs and novels. It can speak multiple languages like English, Spanish, French, German.

Blogbard

blogbardIf you are tired of reading RSS feed content, then BlogBard is what you need. With BlogBard you can turn any news/feed to a personalized radio. You can even integrate it with your blog using a widget. You can listen to your favorite blogs on your iPod and your iPhone or listen to blogs in your Google Reader, or Bloglines account, by logging in through our website.

Comments

comments

• jawad December 30, 2008, 6:44 pm

I was really fired up about the new start-up iSpeech. It will surely help bloggers to add this feature on their posts! However the output is not good. Just like a dummy speaking with uneven delays in the voice.

I think they need to put more money into text-to-voice research.

• Pasi August 4, 2009, 11:49 pm

SpokenText is not free. Probably the others are the same. You can record stupidly short files with the free service. Too short to be any use so I wouldn’t classify it even a trial.

• Carlos September 15, 2009, 3:56 am

Thanks for the list. I checked out these various services and would put Yakitome! at the top of the list.
    Pros:
    – free
    – widest variety of high quality voices for free
    – no limitations on length of recording
    – unlimited storage
    – decent feature set
    – responsive site
    – easy to use
    Cons:
    – ugly user interface
    The other services all charge an arm and a leg to use. Why pay for it when you can get it for free?

• samwisest October 16, 2009, 6:04 am

I agree with Carlos that the YAKiToMe! site is the only free one and the voices sound very natural to my ear. I've been using it a lot lately and am impressed with its ease of use and feature set. I also agree with jawad that the iSpeech site sucks in terms of voice quality. They have higher-quality voices that they charge for, but the don't sound any better than the YAKiToMe! voices, so I'm not going to pay for something that I can get for free. Same goes for SpokenText. Too expensive and although I was able to use it successfully for awhile, I started having trouble logging into their site, so it's not worth it to me any more. VozMe was easy to use but the voices are no good and the site is very limited in terms of functionality. Sorry for being blunt, but by comparison with the other sites, Bolgbard is a distant last in my book.

• samwisest October 16, 2009, 11:04 am

I agree with Carlos that the YAKiToMe! site is the only free one and the voices sound very natural to my ear. I've been using it a lot lately and am impressed with how many good voices it has. I also agree with jawad that the iSpeech site sucks in terms of voice quality. They do have some better voices that they charge for, but I think they're the same as the YAKiToMe! voices, so I'm not going to pay for something that I can get for free. Same goes for SpokenText. Too expensive and although I was able to use it successfully for awhile, I started having trouble logging into their site, so it's not worth it to me any more. VozMe was easy to use but the voices are no good and the site is very limited in terms of functionality. Sorry for being blunt, but by comparison with the other sites, Bolgbard is a distant last in my book.

• Jane March 15, 2010, 6:31 am

YAKiToMe! is the best and free! VozMe voices suck. iSpeech and Spokentext are expensive. Blogbard is pitiful.

• Jane March 15, 2010, 11:31 am

• Ashkuff April 27, 2010, 6:06 am

Thanks for the steer, really helped me out! I'm thinking about using text-to-voice as a cheap, fast way to narrate some of my short films.

• Mvetnk June 28, 2010, 9:11 pm

Panopreter Basic is free text-to-speech application, it reads .txt, .rft, .doc and .htm files and converts them to wav and mp3 audio files.