Microsoft building a new Web Browser named Gazelle

It seems like Apple isn’t the only one here trying to make new friends in the web browsing community.

Microsoft is planning to do the same by introducing a new web browser called Gazelle, which it claims to be as somewhat bigger and better than Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer.

The development of Gazelle is leaded by Microsoft Research and according to a research paper, it will boast of a lot of new features and will have the capability to operate as an operating system.

This will increase the performance and improve the security of the browser in such a way that it will be able intelligently identify traffic and react to anything malicious.

As for now, the browser is only open for discussion and no release is expected in any form.

This tells us that Microsoft may not be the best at IE, but at least they have something in oven for us that may soon turn out to be the best of all.

Comments

comments

• Nabeehak February 26, 2009, 9:13 pm

Can’t wait to see this browser…

• linker009 February 27, 2009, 9:31 am

Hmmm, i’m wondering, any relation to CloudOS? They are both web related after all…

But apart from that, i’m actually looking forward to seeing if microsoft can actually pull through do something right for the internet for once

• Saad Hamid February 28, 2009, 12:30 am

I am myself hoping to see it soon but it I suppose it does have some sort of relation to the CloudOS.

I guess we will just have to wait for it to come out in a Beta first.

• Malcolm Bastien March 16, 2009, 7:17 am

“..at least they have something in oven for us that may soon turn out to be the best of all.” – That’s nice and optimistic. Considering they you’re combining Microsoft, web browser, and operating system into the same product the last thing I would be is optimistic that it would be the “best” at anything.

That being said I’m very curious as to the operating system features of this new application. Maybe we’ll see something like an EyeOS integrated with your windows system become part of the product offering.

• Hisham Najam May 6, 2009, 10:42 pm

Its not easy to beat a Browser with such a big community backing it . Firefox rules

• Eric October 27, 2009, 5:27 pm

The article says Gazelle will also be able to operate as an operating system. I'm not sure what that means for a web browser.. A web browser as an operating system? Does that mean that you could install it alongside Windows and reboot into Gazelle, just to browse the web? Or will Gazelle be a new OS to compete with Windows? I'm not sure I see the point.

• Eric October 27, 2009, 10:27 pm