Its finally here! the long-awaited unlock solution for the iPhone 3G has now been officially released by the iPhone Dev Team.
Earlier we announced that we iPhone users would now require a new tool to unlock iPhone 3G known as Ultrasnow and the tool has finally been released.
For those who want to catch up fast, follow the below procedure to unlock the iPhone 3G on Firmware 3.0.
- Ensure you have upgraded to iPhone OS 3.0.
- Jailbreak the device using PwnageTool or Redsnow.
- Run Cydia to install Ultrasnow.
- Please add the repo repo666.ultrasn0w.com
- Search for Ultrasnow and install it.
- Reboot your iPhone 3G.
Please note that this method is only suitable to work with iPhone 3G which was previously unlocked with YellowSnow. And the method is not recommended to unlock an iPhone 3GS.