It was just Yesterday when I asked how much more will the Motorola Droid users have to wait to get their share of Android 2.1 love? Guess what, they might start getting the update today or even better in a few minutes, if an internal email shared by Engadget turns out to be true or should I say Verizon keep true to their word.
Here is the email that started this story once again
Starting 03/30/2010, Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a new software update for the Droid by Motorola. Users will be able to upgrade their software to version AP: ESE81/BP: C_01.3E.03P to receive new improvements and enhancements.
Still not excited? Well here are some of the Android 2.1 enhancements and improvements that will surely make you excited:
- Google Goggles.
- Live wallpapers.
- Yahoo Mail support.
- The impressive pinch to zoom support for Browser, Maps and gallery apps.
- Nexus One like Speech to text conversion.
Here is how the update is scheduled:
- At noon on 03/30, 1,000 users will receive notification of the update.
- At 11:59 PM on 03/30, 9,000 more users will receive the update notification.
- After the first 10,000 users receive the update on 03/30, there will be a 24-hour period when no additional upgrades will be delivered.
- On Day 3 (04/01), 200,000 users will receive the update notification at 11:59 PM. This schedule will continue each day thereafter until the update has been delivered to all users.