Timeline isn’t just a redesign of the Facebook Profile, rather it’s the redefinition of the social networking philosophy and how social networks should let users discover their memories. Without a doubt, Facebook has made the giant leap and has left all other networks behind with this new announcement.
Interestingly, Timeline is not yet live for everyone but an early preview is available for developers. Since I know a thing or two about code, I am going to help you try Timeline on your Facebook account even if you are not a developer. Simply, follow the steps:
- Open this link https://developers.facebook.com/apps and click on +Create New App
- Add the App display name and namespace, this can be any piece of text.
- On the next page, you will see the App ID and Secret and other details.
- Click on Open Graph on the left sidebar of this page.
- Simply define what your dummy app is capable of, like ‘People can read a book’ and click Get Started.
- In the next page, Action Types, scroll down and simply click Save Changes and Next
- Next, Time Aggregrations, scroll down and click Save and Finish.
Voila, you just created a dummy Facebook app with Open Graph. Now visit your profile page and Facebook will give you the option to switch to Timeline view 😉 don’t forget to thank us.
Although we highly recommend that you leave the poop job to developers and don’t finger with stuff you don’t know about. Thanks!