I never quite well introduced Adobe AIR to my readers but today I feel the need to do so as one of the unique applications that I am going to review today is powered by Adobe AIR.
Adobe AIR formerly code-named Apollo is a cross-operating system runtime that allows developers to use their existing web development skills to build and deploy rich Internet applications to the desktop. This means that brilliant and efficient coders can now take their applications to Windows desktops and no longer need to restrict themselves to Internet only.
AirPress is a unique desktop blogging client powered by Adobe AIR that will integrate to your online WordPress blog and will let you create, edit and manage posts etc. You can fully control your online WordPress blog through your desktop using this application plus it has more features e.g. offline editing mode, automatic uploads etc.
Here are some of the AirPress features as described on the official AirPress web page.
- Custom / animated windows
- Embedded database for offline read/creation of posts
- Detection offline / online
- File I/O API for saving FLV webcam videos record
- Drag and Drop Support for the media (pictures, sounds, videos, flash animations…) you want to insert in your post.
- Network communication with the blogs via XML-RPC
Getting started with AirPress
- Get Adobe AIR Beta
- Download AirPress
- Install and Run the application
- Enter your Blog URL and Login/Pass
Thats it! now you have full access over your online WordPress blog through AirPress. You can edit and manage your online blog posts easily.
There is also a very clean post editor which supports drag and drop feature. You can insert text, images, sound, videos and can even record a live video of yourself if you have a webcam. Publishing the post takes a second.
This is definitely a must-have application for microbloggers. High-Five to Quick Online Tips for discovering the great application.