Apr 6, 2008:

Now that the Apple iPhone is an industry standard, lots of mobile phone companies are trying to mimic its look and features to increase the market value of their product. The very sad observation is that any phone with a big touchscreen multi-touch display is now termed as an “iPhone Clone” no matter how innovative the phone really is.

Here is a list of the Top 10 iPhone Clones. The list was originally prepared by NetworkWorld but I have edited it a bit to include only those phones which resemble the iPhone in looks and features more than 90%. So here goes:

1. Samsung Instinct

Co-developed by Samsun and Sprint, the Instinct is an iPhone look alike with GPS and a much more faster data transfer rate than the iPhone.

2. Sony Xperia

Sony Xperia is one of this year’s most awaited touch-screen smartphone. It has a 3inch widescreen display, runs on Windows Mobile 6.1 and can run 9 active desktops simultaneously.

3. Deeda Pi

Deeda Pi is what we call an ultimate iPhone clone. This phone imitates the Apple iPhone upto 95%+ and runs on an open-source platform thus giving away the freedom of creating and installing third party applications and also supports 3G wireless.

4. LG Voyager

LG Voyager is an iPhone like smartphone that uses the same home menu organization and a similar dock in the bottom screen allowing easy access to phonebook, SMS etc.

5. LG Vu

LG Vu is the US version of the LG Prada. It includes the iPhone like multi-touch UI but also features support for MediaFLO TV.

6. Cect P168

This knock-off has a 3.5-inch touch screen, a 1.3-megapixel camera and claims to have “3D surround sound”

7. HiPhone

HiPhone is powered by Windows Mobile 6.0 and has a GUI that 100% resembles the GUI of the original iPhone. Moreover it is even branded with a flipped Apple logo.

8. Meizu M8 Mini One

Meizu Mini is cheaper and looks a lot like the iPod Touch. The screen is 3.4 inches and costs anywhere from $265 to $400.

9. HTC Touch Dual

HTC Touch Dual comes with a dual-sim support and is one of the very first iPhone challengers. Though not essentially an iPhone-clone but this phone has everything that the iPhone has.

10. Desay N8

Desay is a 90% rip-off of the original iPhone. Everything from the design, home button and wallpaper is the same however you will have to use stylus to navigate through the phone.

Comments

comments

Keshav Khera April 6, 2008 at 9:25 pm

If you are going to gift me something…I would like the LG Voyager Lol! :D

Waqas April 6, 2008 at 10:37 pm

Still iPhone is the best ! Sexiest and Smartest!

torque July 6, 2010 at 1:24 am

how can a phone be sexy?

Roger Pearce July 21, 2011 at 12:50 pm

I don’t think so

Dj Flush April 6, 2008 at 11:10 pm

@Keshav

Yeh I will definitely give you one when I win a lottery lol :P

shadow April 7, 2008 at 7:10 am

Just because a phone has a touch screen with a grid menu style interface does not make it a iPhone clone.

HTC has been making smart phones for a while and has not diverted much from the original design, also Sony Xperia is too original then to be labeled a iPhone clone.

That being said, I do agree that the majority of the phones presented here are indeed iPhone clones.

Shortshire April 7, 2008 at 9:50 am

The instinct looks like a good phone and something I would like to get. Hopefully these phones will be out soon and i’ll be able to put the blackberry down and get a better phone with different service other than crappy t-mobile.

Who Cares April 7, 2008 at 8:18 pm

If we talk about a business option it seems like that the HTC Touch Dual is the sole one that allows one save space in the poket by getting rid of a private mobile… So many people carry two or even three mobiles plus a kind of PDA with them… Why are there so few dual-SIMs?

If the HTC manages to offer an acceptable power management this seems to be are real improvement for the users.
I just skip the software features as there are already some kind standards to be met in any case.

DiPi April 8, 2008 at 12:25 pm

Theres no alternative to IPhone – only clones but the Original is still the best! iPhone rules!

Roger Pearce July 21, 2011 at 12:51 pm

Can I work a smartphone – NO – but I am only cloning around!

Lost April 10, 2008 at 6:21 am

Sony XPERIA looks great!…I want one now :( thanks for that!

Jamie April 10, 2008 at 6:34 am

I just want to know when some decent iPhone games are coming out. (Already have the iPhone, so it’s not like I’m switching any time soon.)

Noel April 10, 2008 at 8:04 am

They’re not iPhone Clones i like to call them iPhone Innovation. I like the Sony Xperia wish i had the money to buy that “Clone”… :)

vlad April 17, 2008 at 5:32 pm

WTF! why does everyone keep calling all touchscreen phones iPhone clones…are all people that dumb!
apple is far from being the first to produce a phone with a big touchscreen, nor it is the only company to think of such a device.

The obvious looking models that imitate the iPhone surely can be called clones…but how the hell are Sony, Samsung, LG and HTCs models considered an iPhone rip-off? the phones are just going into a logic technological progression…and especially the HTC phone – hell, HTC has been producing touchscreen phones from the times when Apple didn’t even think they would ever make a phone.

And even the iPhone itself is not such a perfect product…it lacks obvious features that would make it a lot better, it was poorly presented into the world – having to make a 2 year contract with another operator just to buy it.

I like it…but people give Apple too much credit.

Bottom line is that its not an original concept…and I hate that so much people think it.

iPhone User May 29, 2008 at 5:25 am

I love the iPhone. I speak from experience.

Roger Joseph June 12, 2008 at 8:22 pm

How many of you have used an Iphone ??? Having a touch screen is not new. But having a Multitouch touch screen is.

NO Phone on the market has that… Only the Iphone.
Apple did not innovate the touch screen they reinvented they wheel. And it was possible. Having used Iphones many times and ipod touch. Multi touch is the portable version of the Microsft Touch table.

Multitouch is NOTHING Like a touch screen. So those clones copy a touch screen are not really coping any thing. I can easily take a touch screen from the 1980′s in some restaurant and call it touch. That technology is not even close to what the technolgy behind multitouch is.

There needs to be a “Technical understanding” for the average joe it might seem the same and that’s fine for they will have their average phone. The ones that know will buy an iphone.

Mimieux July 7, 2008 at 7:57 am

Indeed, they are all mere clones.

JJ July 21, 2008 at 10:28 am

I like it…but people give Apple too much credit.

iamatechie August 21, 2008 at 3:02 pm

Don’t include Sony Ericsson Xperia in iPhone clone list. It is far far better compared to iPhone. All features are there which iPhone lacks. Moreover the phone is more sexier than iPhone.

bobo August 25, 2008 at 5:41 am

yea they are clones

but id rather have the samsung instinct

hopefully these people i call parents will bye me one

marshall August 26, 2008 at 3:28 am

its funny how people think its the smartest. lol just lets me know ur not. the iphone is a very nice phone and is very smart but the samsung is pretty much the same thing and it has video recording, the only thing i dont like about the instinct is the internet which isnt 3g it does go faster but its not as full its still mobile internet but i love the phone pluse there a new java app store coming which going to be better then apple’s app store, im not joking. and by the way mabye the iphone is the smartest right now its not gonna be for long cus number 2 on that list, the sony is said to be the smartes phone u will be able to buy for 2008-2009 coming with 4g+ internet from what i understand and a 8 meg cam with video!!!!!!!!!!!

person April 3, 2009 at 6:12 am

I think the most stupid one of all is the one frome china called the HiPhone I mean it is soooo not as good!!

anna May 30, 2009 at 2:57 am

I think the HTC’s are better as they do exactly the same as the I phone, but they are also a cheaper price!

Qualanda June 27, 2009 at 2:33 pm

I have #6 Cect P168 and it is the best knock out ever no phone can compare…!

Qualanda June 27, 2009 at 7:33 pm

I have #6 Cect P168 and it is the best knock out ever no phone can compare…!

Doc Holiday July 31, 2009 at 2:09 pm

Iphone is proof positive dumbasses paying more are still dumbasses.

No wonder the country is going down the tubes.

sdillon1296 August 27, 2009 at 2:33 am

I just bought a used i68 some sort of iphone knock off,its cool but i cant find the book or anything that plugs into it for charging or to connect it to my comp.Could anywon help please it has to places for sim cards or so i was told i just found out today its just a storge chip.Please help dillstp@yahoo.com

JohnnyK November 11, 2009 at 9:17 pm

I have owned 3 iphone clones. They were all bought on eBay and they all broke in less than 2 weeks. All the sellers were from Hong Kong and needless to say I was **** out of luck.
I finally found a company here in the USA at http://www.ameristyles.com that sold an affordable full featured touch screen phone that even had landscape texting. My recommendation, if you can't afford the real thing, then BUY American and stay away from the China “knockoffs”

megan_b November 20, 2009 at 5:07 pm

which legit site i can buy a hiphone

stephanieslocum December 13, 2009 at 9:53 am

my personal fave? that would be the experia. :-) but hey, i think it's a bit unfair to tag look-alikes as clones. just my two cents, of course.

jennaandrews December 21, 2009 at 6:28 pm

thats dumb alll of you the voyager is soo cool dont diss

nomnomkikinomnom January 17, 2010 at 8:07 am

I just got the LG Voyager it is such a amazing phone. <3

Wouter February 1, 2010 at 4:10 pm

uhmm where is the pinphone?
pinphone owns the hiphone and cect P168

Wouter February 1, 2010 at 9:10 pm

uhmm where is the pinphone?
pinphone owns the hiphone and cect P168

mike ruch March 21, 2010 at 6:19 am

urgay

mike ruch March 21, 2010 at 11:19 am

urgay

DogsAreGay52 May 20, 2010 at 1:46 am

hahahahahahaha… gay phones(:

James June 9, 2010 at 2:52 am

Have you seen the Air Phone No. 1 at cndigit.com? Size and shape of the iPod Touch. Great phone.

James June 9, 2010 at 2:56 am

To JohnnyK – They are all made in China – including the iPhone! Many of the companies do have web sites registered in the US.

Jjhcs1 November 4, 2010 at 3:38 pm

only drawback is there quality control and Software are not consistent and youll have to flash the phone to get rid of all the Chines games and programs that are all in chinese

Hussain_ali01 November 25, 2010 at 9:06 pm

hiii

Alisha Smith June 7, 2011 at 11:02 am

These are also very nice iphones.. I will look forward to it.. I am glad I visited here and come to know about it.. Its a great help to me.. I was wondering to know according to you which one is the best among all?
peel 520

Bounta October 26, 2011 at 6:01 pm

can i find a clone iphone from china seem the truth ? LGUI WAHED DAYER KIMA IPHONE TA3 ESSAH. 3ANDOU MEME LE SIGLE APPLE OU3ANDOU 32GO DE MEMEOIRE. MAIS MA CHAKITCH TA3 ESSAH…C’est pas un clone mais une conte-façon. Même le sigle apple s’est détaché quelque peu. Il coute 10.000 DA Algériens.