Unlock iPhone 2G/3G with Firmware 3.1 on Windows

unlocked-iphoneOh we have a very good news for all those Windows users out there. You will now be able to unlock the iPhone 2G/3G right away without having to wait for the Redsnow tool.

PwnageTool 3.1 was released earlier today by the dev team but the fact that it can only be used by Mac users and leaves no ticket for Windows users seems a little unfair, so we made things a little easy for you.

We created the custom IPSW for Firmware 3.1 on iPhone 2G and iPhone 3G which lets you update without having to meddle with the baseband. This Firmware comes with the stock Apple logo and Cydia. All you have to do is download it, restore it and that’s it.

For the iPhone 3G

Please use the links to download the custom IPSW of Firmware 3.1 for iPhone 3G labeled iPhone1,2_3.1_7C144_Custom_Restore.

Once downloaded, join the file parts using HJSplit and extract the ZIP archive to have one file. Now follow the steps.

1. Please down and install iTunes 9, and then run it.
  2. Connect your iPhone to the PC.
  3. Click ‘Restore’ while holding SHIFT key and select the custom IPSW.
  4. Once everything is processed and OS boots up, install Ultrasnow.
  5. Follow this guide (starting from Step-3) to install Ultrasnow on iPhone.

Now you have an unlocked iPhone 3G running on Firmware 3.1.

For the iPhone 2G

Please use the links to download the custom IPSW of Firmware 3.1 for iPhone 3G labeled iPhone1,1_3.1_7C144_Custom_Restore.

1. Please down and install iTunes 9, and then run it.
  2. Connect your iPhone to the PC.
  3. Click ‘Restore’ while holding SHIFT key and select the custom IPSW.

As no Ultrasnow is needed, so you already done with everything. Notice that no bootloader files are required.

Thats pretty much all of it. Those on Mac can make use of the custom IPSW in case they don’t plan to get their hands dirty with PwnageTool which, to be honest, is not easy to go by due to lack of documentation. The Unarchiver can be used on the Mac to join the files and uncompress them.

Note: Please test and give us your feedback in the comments. Make sure not to ‘Update’ the Firmware at any step, only use the ‘Restore’ feature.

Update: An Exclusive Tutorial for users with iPhone 3GS is now available.

New: iPhone 3G and 3GS users on baseband 05.11.07 can now unlock their iPhone using Blacksn0w! Follow here.

Comments

comments

• Sch4bst3r September 16, 2009, 9:50 pm

Works perfect!

tested on: Iphone 2G now running on firmware 3.1! thx!

• clothdog September 16, 2009, 10:26 pm

how did join the files into one? i have 3g I accidently upgraded 3.1. I using Windows will this work you think?

• doimoi September 17, 2009, 1:22 am

I just did, but it appear “error 1604”. Now, I cant jailbreak.

• mal_eg September 21, 2009, 9:18 pm

did u already have 3.1 from itunes before you unlocked this??? Also, did you get any errors?

• mal_eg September 21, 2009, 9:20 pm

• Avi October 3, 2009, 7:07 pm

Did it jailbreak and unlock? did it change any installed apps on your device? is Cydia there after the upgrade?
      Thank you!!!

• nookie515 September 16, 2009, 11:01 pm

installed OS 3.1 on my iPhone 3G, but it says the Carrier its Not Available… what am i supposed to do now??? HELP

• jcrewjcap September 20, 2009, 6:24 pm

What they fail to tell you is that if you already uploaded the 3.1 via itunes, your screwed because the bootloader is higher than the 3.0 firmware, so if you downloaded 3.1 on itunes your screwed. pretty much that firmware there talking about, custom 3.1, will only work if you did not upgrade to 3.1 on itunes, but upgraded with that custom 3.1 to start with. its pretty complicated, if you have anymore questions feel free to ask

• ofir September 21, 2009, 2:33 pm

what can i do if i got stuck in this position?

i was upgraded 3.1 on itunes by mistake ..

and now all the web guides aren't working for me..

please help..! (I am not sim free)

I am Holding stupid Nokia for two weeks now..

missing my IPhone ;(

• duttaluri September 22, 2009, 7:41 am

is there a way that we can down grade from 3.1 to 3.00 after which we can unlock .I am talking about 2G -licked by at & T and upgraded to 3.1 and having itues 9.
        further if we ulock , can we use itunes 9 for syncing with this unlocked g phone? thanks& regards

• NikAmi September 26, 2009, 9:41 pm

Nope…by upgrading to 3.1 using iTunes, you upgraded the baseband, the part that controls the telephone portion of the iPhone, as well. This upgrade makes all known unlocks ineffective so you will have to wait until someone figures out how to crack the new baseband firmware.

• duttaluri September 28, 2009, 4:06 am

Thank you , I will wait for it.

have a nice day
        Duttaluri

• odie2828 October 7, 2009, 8:22 pm

Yes you can download. Depending on your phone search for the 3.0 ispw file for your type of phone(2g, 3g, 3gS). with the phone unplugged start itunes. then hold the home button on the phone, then plug it into your computer while continuing to hold the home button, once you see the screen come up with the USB pointing to itunes then let go of the home button. iTunes will tell you that it needs to restore the phone. click on then hold shit on your computer keyboard and then click restore. navigate to the ispw 3.0 file that you downloaded and it will restore your phone to the 3.0 firmware. then from there you can restore from a backup and then jailbreak it again into the 3.1. if you need any additional help email me. jd@vpcreativ.com

• duttaluri October 8, 2009, 2:12 am

I will try this this evening and will let you know.
        I was wondering as to why dev team is so strong in advising not to upgrade
        to 3.1 thru i tunes? If base band is upgraded can it be revertd? answers
        to these will be known once ido as what you advised in your mail. i will
        keep you posted. thanks again

bet regards
        duttaluri

• pacha January 16, 2010, 2:45 pm

did this method workd for u??
        if so plzz reply

• odie2828 October 8, 2009, 6:04 pm

Let me know how it turns out.. If you need any more help please ask

• lockie March 12, 2010, 9:51 am

Im now having this problem, accidently upgraded my 2G iphone to 3.1 and it is saying sim is not supported, it was jail broken on the old software, is there now jailbreak software available for this problem

• charlywolosso September 27, 2009, 10:42 pm

but what about if we downloaded the 3.1 version on the itune without installed it on the iphone? can we upgrade the custom one?

• brittany October 8, 2009, 12:21 am

i have a question
        i did upgrade my iphone 2g to 3.1 on i tunes on mistake
        i do not use atnt i have tmobile sim
        how do i unlock it?
        it says Carrier its Not Available

• zaynos September 17, 2009, 1:42 am

Works like a charm!!! You did it again!! Thanks a lot Hamid!!!

• lasselaursen September 17, 2009, 2:53 am

have you found a fix for the 1604 error which appears on the 3G version

br

Lasse

• fifty September 18, 2009, 12:20 am

yea i got tht hoe do u fix it

• tommyts September 27, 2009, 4:45 pm

yes…search the internet for iH8Sn0w – iREB V 3.1-2 for windows…. it's a software that ''tricks'' the iphone . using this program u will not receive that16xx error when u try to jailbreak the 3g

• deancarrington September 17, 2009, 4:22 am

I tried to do the restore both in DFU mode in iTunes 9 and just in regular mode. In DFU mode, I got the 1601 error and it just rebooted my phone and it hand't changed anything. In the regular mode, I got the 1604 error and had to the Restore and Update to get it working again.

Is there anything I am missing?

iPhone 3G with 3.1, iTunes 9, using the ipsw from the rapidshare links on this page

• 76MT94U September 17, 2009, 5:43 am

I have an iPhone 2g, previously jailbroken. Accidentally downloaded 3.1 I got error 1600 after restore, reboot and no change. Attempting to download files again to ensure it's not an incomplete file.

• TJ September 17, 2009, 8:50 am

I have 2g iphone and followed directions and got error code 1601. It did not work for me. Plz help. I made the custom firmware by joining the files but it does nothing when I add it with Shift and Restore.

• ramiboushra September 19, 2009, 4:15 pm

SAME SITUATION WITH ME DID U GET ANY SOLUTION???

• Samantha September 17, 2009, 9:25 am

heyyy
    will this work for the people who already updated to 3.1 accidentally?? n lost the “unlock n jail breaking” of the phone???

• namitkarlekar September 17, 2009, 9:40 am

It worked ! (2G).
    Though it failed the first time giving me a 160X error, but I just started over and I'm on 3.1 now…
    Thanks!!!

• duttaluri September 17, 2009, 5:35 pm

it is still giving me error. now i am not sure how i came to this point but ow i tunes is not rejecting me my new SIM( previously it was saying SIM not supported) now i am restoring it again from itunes with SHIFT Restore ( chosing the custom IPSW gotten by joining files downloaded ). but no use it is stilll giving me 1604 error. kindly advise Mine is 2G original locked phoe by AT&T and upgraded to 3.1 and itunes on 9 thanks

• n_g September 17, 2009, 12:21 pm

Anybody got this working coming from a 3G 3.1 installed from Itunes ?

• mike238 September 17, 2009, 2:51 pm

I had to downgrade to 3.0 then jailbroke using redsn0w 8. Phone seems to be working.

• samantha September 17, 2009, 5:40 pm

heyy so just wanna clear something…u updated to iphone to 3.1 n then downgraded it to 3.0 then jailbroke it using redsnow…n then unlocked it using the method in the article n ur phones seems to be working correct??

• USA September 20, 2009, 9:04 pm

How did you downgrade to 3.0?

• billwilljr September 17, 2009, 12:42 pm

Worked great for me. Iphone 2G. You can also download the entire file from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?t4xmziiqt2w without having to combine files.

• Datnucca September 17, 2009, 4:33 pm

Billwilljr was your phone locked? If so did it unlock it? And did you have a SIM card in during the whole process? I had mine unlocked (2g) model and was using it on T Mobile. I accidently upgraded to 3.1. Now I'm locked. The you provided did work and start a process but it says it's still locked and needs a valid sim. Can you help plz.

• samantha September 17, 2009, 5:37 pm

heyy can u let me know if ur get urs to work..cause i did the exact same thing..the only thing is my phones 3G but it should be the same so lemme know if u get it working pleaseeee

• Datnucca September 17, 2009, 10:51 pm

I did not get a reply back from billwill. What I did was downgrade to 3.0.1 firmware. I then I used redsnow to jailbreak and unlock the phone. As soon as you see the pineapple running you will be very very relieved. If it seems as if your phone is still not picking up your sim card, it's because somehow the update made the sim card malfunciton. I just went and got me a new sim card and my phone is working fine just as before.

• duttaluri September 17, 2009, 7:00 pm

did you get a reply from billwillJr?

• helppleasethanks September 23, 2009, 2:30 am

how did you downgrade to 3.0.1?
        thanks!

• duttaluri September 24, 2009, 12:55 am

No I didnt downgrade..strill waiting..i have a 3G with 2.2( FW) and 2.28.00(
        BB), I want to proceed carefully before i unlock this

for 2G i already UGed to 3.1 so waiting for the dev team to develop a FW
        upgrade repair option for those who were already upgraded to 3.1 and itunes

thanks& regards
        duttaluri
        Participant of Gmail BETA test.

• duttaluri September 18, 2009, 3:01 am

hi billwillJr when downloaded and used your complete file , i am getting an error “incompatible version” Dattnuca says he/she did soemthing to get it activated. I joied files by hamid and also tried using your ONE FILE. Nothing is happenning. please help thanks a lot in advance

• ipodslinger September 21, 2009, 6:49 pm

BillWill's file is 1,2 which is a 3G designation.
        Try renaming the file 1,1 for 2G and see if it works, I am downloading now.
        I will advise

• savedfromg1 September 21, 2009, 7:29 pm

please let me know when you find out. I've been trying DFU and restore modes, also just pluggiing it in. I tried renaming the file to 1,1 and I keep getting the same version error as above. any help would be appreciated.

• duttaluri September 22, 2009, 7:37 am

oh.Thank you..i noticed it eearlier but all the three parts are named 2G so
        i thought the combined file name doesnt matter…
        sure, kindly let me know if you are able to unlock

thanks & regards
        duttaluri

Participant of Gmail BETA test.

• duttaluri September 22, 2009, 7:38 am

oh.Thank you..i noticed it eearlier but all the three parts are named 2G so
        i thought the combined file name doesnt matter…
        sure, kindly let me know if you are able to unlock

thanks & regards
        duttaluri

Participant of Gmail BETA test.

• USA September 20, 2009, 9:04 pm

I hold down shift and click restore and ITunes does not give me an option to select another file. Any suggestions? Thank you.

• johncruz October 4, 2009, 1:15 pm

you need to download ipsw that fits in ur phone and make a folder in ur pc then u can select it anytime u want to restore! how can u make it without any ipsw resources inside ur pc understood!!!!

• David September 17, 2009, 12:53 pm

I just downloaded, joined, and unzipped the package for the 3g iPhone, but iTunes says that it can't update because the firmware file is incompatible :-(((

• Razioer September 17, 2009, 1:47 pm

the 2g IPSW is quite unable to be unzipped, keeps saying its corrupted…

and yesh I did join the files first 😛

• duttaluri September 17, 2009, 6:06 pm

I have AT&T 2G phone As i bought 3G , I wanted to unlock this and use. I downloaded all the three parts and joined them and made one file unzipped. When i used the new SIM itunes 9 said it did not support it. Then i used AT&T SIM and did a SHIFT +RESTORE using Custom IPSW . 3-4 times. It is always giving me an error code of 1604. the without removing the chord i changed the SIM card and RESOTRE+SHIFT with custom IPSW. But still same error. Hammed Kindly advise

thanks

• fifty September 18, 2009, 12:23 am

1604 pops up when i try to install he custom 3.1 firmware for 3g any one can help wit this

• d September 18, 2009, 3:14 am

can you restore and unlock if you accidentally installed 3.1 already?

• hanghoanb September 18, 2009, 6:29 am

Hi Saad Hamid,

Your instructions really did, I just did my iphone 2G. It's great.

Thank you very much for sharing this stuff.

TH

• 04smokedmax September 18, 2009, 1:17 pm

how did u join the files???????please help me im trying to do it now

• kazmut September 20, 2009, 10:19 pm

use HJsplit .. it is freeware.

• st_jamal September 18, 2009, 11:10 am

I have iPhone 3G and wen I tried to use the Restore option (according to this guildelines)it starts an 5min after it says: ERROR 1604 ….

Does anybody knows what to do?

• alee87 September 18, 2009, 11:39 am

nice …tel me some,when i do this will my 2g be unlocked or jailbreaked? or both ? or …. coz i m kinda confused,help!

• 04smokedmax September 18, 2009, 11:39 am

how do i join all 3 files?????do i join 2nd and 3rd first the join the first one with the file that 2 and 3 made???

• darshan901 September 18, 2009, 12:36 pm

thks yaaaa

u r gr8

tell me how to install cracked application ?

• bjoernvertigo2005 September 18, 2009, 3:18 pm

How big is the Root Partition on these Custom Firmwares?

• David September 18, 2009, 3:27 pm

Hello i have an iphone 3g with 3.0.1 (it is not jailbroken) will i be able to apply this custom firmware and have it sucessfully with 3.1 + jailbrake + unlock? or i have to jailbreak first with redsn0w with 3.0.1 and then apply the custom firmware? thanks for your help

• astalavistababy September 19, 2009, 8:47 am

Doesn't matter too much as long as you make sure first that custom firmware is already jailbroken. If you want first, jailbreak it with redsn0w and after apply the custom 3.1 already jailbroken. Try not to install the official 3.1 firmware, like I did, because now it gives me lot of headache.

• bamesal September 18, 2009, 9:24 pm

I have same prob with 3g i think its work for 2g. 3G user getting porb bcz none of 3G user confirm that its work for them .if any body get it woking on 3G pls let us know :)

• kazmut September 20, 2009, 10:21 pm

It is working for me. I just followed the steps above.

• melaccess September 19, 2009, 12:59 am

Hi I cant click on “restore” when I connect my iPhone in my pc because iTunes dont let me do anything…its displays the following error : “The SIM Card is not valid for activating your iPhone, please use a SIM card from a valid provider”
    The problem is that I upgrade the iPhone (originally this iPhone was in USA with AT&T as the provider) while I put my SIM card which comes from Montreal Canada (provider is FIDO)…
    So when I said yes for the upgrade 3.1 it locked everything! iTunes doesn't let me see anything…it recognize my ID (name) but that's it…
    Please help me!!

• shake777 December 30, 2009, 5:24 pm

evn i got de same shit man..!!!post it if u can work smthn out..

• ahmedkhan2605 September 19, 2009, 6:05 am

hi i have updated my iphone to 3.1 can i jailbreak it if possible how to do that plz help me

• astalavistababy September 19, 2009, 8:40 am

I have installed first the official 3.1 firmware afterwards I succeeded to downgrade the firmware to 3.0.1 and upgraded again to a custom jailbroken 3.1. Now, i have no sim signal, the carrier is recognized but still useless and unfortunately even if I dug a lot – didn't find a suitable solution to unlock it. Now, the only thing remaining is to wait …

• Lukas September 19, 2009, 11:49 am

how you downgrade from 3.1 to 3.0.1?

• Xinxu Liu September 19, 2009, 11:44 am

i tried to unlock my iphone 3G 3.1 according to the procedure listed. however during the procedure the system said there was certain problem happened then the whole process was terminated.what should i do now?

• Mriphone September 19, 2009, 2:49 pm

wow it took 10 years to download then it didnt even work thanks alot !!

• please_explain September 19, 2009, 9:02 pm

hey, so 1.
    how do you join the 3 files?
    2. would this work for an iphone 3g thats upgraded to the os 3.1?
    3where do i down load the ultra snow?
    4. do i need to downgrade it first?
    5. do i need boot loaders?

thanks all!

• Prebster September 19, 2009, 9:37 pm

Answer to your second question: IF you already upgraded to 3.1, you're pretty much screwed, so if anything, you need to downgrade first, then unlock/jailbrake, then restore with custom 3.1 .ipsw file! No need for the bootloaders, as far as I've understood at least…

Good luck!

• bdubbb September 20, 2009, 4:49 am

Works perfect!

tested on: Iphone 2G now running on firmware 3.1
    Thank you That HJSplit program might be a bit confusing for a first time users, but it is NOT at all, it's a very simple straight forward procedure, just go for it, again 2G not 3G

• cosax September 20, 2009, 4:49 am

2g, 3.1, error 1604

• bdubbb September 20, 2009, 4:51 am

Works perfect!

tested on: Iphone 2G now running on firmware 3.1!

Just follow the 2G instructions closely, and it will work (granted you are still on 3.0.1 firmware or lower)

Thanks

• nurav17 September 20, 2009, 6:35 am

iphone 3G…3.1 working, the carrier name is not displayed (tmobile for me) as stated by the dev team in there blog. else it works fine. Battery and wifi seems to be improved and you can organize apps in itunes itself.
    Guys you would have to jailbreak your 3.0.1 firmware first n then use this custom firmware, plz update to 3.0.1 first from 3.0 and then jailbreak it and then follow this procedure. It would work. i am 100 percent sure, I just finished 3 iphone 3g…no problems…

• Luis Luna September 29, 2009, 5:44 am

I'm going to try it, hopefully it works.

• mohammadjawad007 September 20, 2009, 9:10 am
  • cosax September 20, 2009, 2:55 pm

Question: Will this solution work on 2G already on 3.1?

• USA September 20, 2009, 9:01 pm

• mohboub September 21, 2009, 12:48 am

for error 1604 see this http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1275

• mmerculieff September 21, 2009, 2:32 am

willsome give a stright answer if you download 3.1 are screwed or not. i have tryed redsnow quickpawn, degrading to 3.0.1, was able to jailbreak then but no service and could not find anyhelp on how to get service. so i am back to 3.1 so will this work with 3.1 or should i degrade back to 3.0.1 then run this. wont have time tonight as these down loads are taking forever. will post after this if it work's. If it does not i think we are screwed for people you allready updated to 3.1 thur itunes

thanks MERC

• farva September 21, 2009, 2:33 am

i upgraded my complete iphone 2g like everything base band and firmware to 3.1 on accident itunes and its crapy auto updates anyways i do these steps above and keep getting errors like 1600 1604 and whatever

whats goin on can anyone help me or maybe found an easier way to unlock and jail break 2g iphones running 3.1 firmware

• Emphatic September 21, 2009, 11:26 am

I used the RECOVER option, but with another “custom” 3.1 firmware that I found on the quickpwn site as my Rapidshare ratio was done for the day and that site offer direct downloads. I guess this was a big mistake, as it did not work. Having downloaded the one you have here, I can't get it to work (error 1604). Tried to revert back to 3.01 with redsnow 0.8 (I had the files saved for a situation like this but alas, that no longer works, it never goes from the “downloading jailbreak data” HDD icon to the real jailbreaking). Now I can't do squat with my iPhone 2G, so it's resting comfortably in on a shelf as I'm waiting for a miracle (redsnow). It's really worrying that this article does not get updated in any way with what NOT to do, as using iTunes 9 to jailbreak your iPhone clearly is a dangerous move until the 3.1 FW is breakable.

• M September 21, 2009, 2:15 pm

Same thing happened to my 2G phone, I followed the instructions and now i can not call anyone.

• David September 28, 2009, 4:11 am

WOW that was what happened to me. I had an unlocked 2g running 3.1. Then I came across this site. I should have never visited this site. Now I cant make any calls =[

• cosax September 21, 2009, 3:41 pm

Question: Will this work on a 2g with 3.1 already on it?

• rawand September 21, 2009, 3:52 pm

i installed the custom IPSW for Firmware 3.1 on my official iPhone 3G
    and carrier its not available ( no service ) when i restored with custom IPSW 3.1 at end i didn't get Apple’s Official iPhone 3G Unlock from iTunes?? please help :(

• Niclas Benjamin Holtappels September 21, 2009, 6:16 pm

It's not working for me. The 1st file (2G) is a zip itself and therefor doesn't get recognized by hjsplit. It is named iPhone2G-Custom31-Sizlopedia.zip.001.ZIP The other 2 files end in .zip.002 and .zip.003 They don't have the extra .zip at the end…
    Can anyone help me with that?
    THanks

PS: I can't remove the .ZIP (or at least idk how to), cuz I'm on windows 7. I can't unzip the folder either… it says it's empty

• Shaq September 21, 2009, 10:33 pm

didnt Work!! when i tried restoring it gives me error 1600.. can anybody help? i have i phone 3g with 3.1

• rawand September 22, 2009, 12:04 am

your iphone must be jailbroken before installing custom IPSW 3.1, if u have restored your iphone with official Firmware 3.1 then your baseband has been changed to 05.11.07 :(
      just downgrade from firmware 3.1 back to 3.0.1 and once you restored to 3.0.1 jailbreak it and restore with custom IPSW 3.1

downgrade from firmware 3.1 back to 3.0.1 (DFU mode, click+restore) only for 3G and 2G
      NOTE: This wont downgrade your baseband

• n_g September 22, 2009, 6:30 am

Once you are back to a jail broken phone you can use Fuzzyband to downgrade your baseband to get back to an unlockable phone service.

• jorge_04 September 22, 2009, 3:05 am

Even if you downgrade the firmware, the baseband will not be downgraded; so you can't unlock it

• jorge_04 September 22, 2009, 3:07 am

It worked for me!! iPhone 2G, previously jailbreaked and unlocked on OS 3.0.1

• m_kalyan12 September 22, 2009, 3:54 am

I followed the procedure mentioned above and i did unlock using Ultrasn0w, but it keeps on searching for service and never shows up any service. I accidently upgraded to 3.1, before that it is on 3.01 and unlocked. After upgrading, I downgraded to 3.01 agaoin and used this custon ipsw and tried unlocking, but no use. Can any one please help me out.

• C-base September 22, 2009, 6:16 am

I can not restore, an error code occured (16xx) what am I doing wrong?

• n_g September 22, 2009, 6:36 am

I had a 1604 error, and spent ages on it. The best advise I got was use itunes 8.2 and downgrade to 3.0 firmware. You will get an error, but it is not 16xx. You then use a windows utility called irecovery to rebot the phone.

This gives you a fresh 3.0 Iphone, with the locked base band.

You can then jailbreak this phone.

I then used Flashband, downloaded by cydia, to restore my baseband to an unlockable version.

And Finally I ran Ultrasn0w.

Took around 30 minutes, once I had worked it out.

• Emphatic September 22, 2009, 12:14 pm

The irecovery tool works really well, but iTunes 8.2 wants to restore my iPhone to 3.1 and not 3.0. Could you please elaborate on that part a bit?

I'm gonna install iTunes 7.5 now and see if I can go back below 3.1 with that.

• n_g September 22, 2009, 9:08 pm

In itunes press shft & click restore to access a browse window to select whatever firmware you want to install.

You need to have downloaded v3.0 firmware from somewhere

• Emphatic September 22, 2009, 10:22 pm

Okay, now I have saved my iPhone!

Here's a little guide (assuming you're not stuck in the “recovery mode loop” *):
        1. Download iTunes 8.2 (Google for it)
        2. Download the official iPhone 3.0 firmware (I Googled for “iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw” for my 2G iPhone)
        3. Start your iPhone in restore mode
        4. Use the “Restore” button while pressing shift key and select this Firmware
        5. Wait for it to restore (IT FINALLY WORKS! 😀 )
        6. Jailbreak your iPhone with redsn0w 0.8 to 3.01 (no more hanging on the loading screen!)

If you've accidentially upgraded to official 3.1:
        7. Open Cydia, let it do a complete upgrade
        8. Run Cydia again and do a search for “fuzzy”
        9. Install Fuzzyband
        10. Run Fuzzyband (I'm kinda guessing here since my iPhone didn't seem to need this)…

*if your iPhone is starting up with no emergency call service, just the iTunes animation use irecovery (Google it)

• USA September 24, 2009, 1:42 am

Will this work for a 3G phone?

Thank you.

• pborg September 22, 2009, 9:21 am

I downgraded my 3g from 3.1 to 3.0 re unlocked it now i am getting a no service message and when i go to network list in settings a message is saying 'unable to retrieve network list'

any suggestions?

• emarun September 22, 2009, 11:14 am

thanks man for the firmware

• manny305 September 22, 2009, 12:30 pm

how do i downgrade firmware from 3.1 to 3.0.1 and then also baseband so i can jailbreak/unlock please some one help me email me at for some suggestions mgarcia@colonialpressintl.com

• stansflash September 22, 2009, 3:00 pm

I followed the directions and got an error message after the restore attempt.

• stansflash September 22, 2009, 3:04 pm

I tried the 2g unlock directions and got a 16XX error message. I have a 2g phone that is locked and had previously been upgraded to 3.1 firmware.

• Emphatic September 22, 2009, 10:26 pm

Scroll up just a bit on this page, as I added a little guide that you might wanna check out.

• junz00 September 23, 2009, 11:06 pm

i jailbroke my iphone 3g after i updated to 3.1 but i only had the ICY app and arent you suppose to have cydia AND icy? i tried it again and i got the stupid 1604 error everytime i cant do it again :@:@:@:@

• Ray September 24, 2009, 12:25 am

I have a 2G Iphone and when I tried to restore it with the new IPSW at the end showed me a Unknown Error (1604) Can someone please tell me what to do next?

• september2009 September 24, 2009, 12:52 am

Ok, it seems like this solution is not working for anyone.

• Roman Dvorkin September 24, 2009, 4:58 am

Okay, this is what worked for me:

1) Restore iPhone 3G from 3.1 to downgraded 3.0.1 firmware
    2) Restore iPhone 3G from 3.0.1 to upgraded 3.1 CUSTOM Firmware

Phone is now on 3.1 firmware with Cydia.

*The End*

• sgoh_xena September 24, 2009, 6:10 am

Desperately needs help!! I'm using a 2G iPhone and i followed the instructions but there wasn't any “restore” button and i'm totally new to this. PLEASE HELP!! Thank you!

• shri34 September 24, 2009, 7:41 pm

once u connect the iphone, click on the itunes.Click on Devices.Then click on Summary.U find restore button there. Hold the shift button on the keyboard & click restore.It'll ask u for the file.give in the downloaded file location.it'll work automatically.Its great & easy….

• shri34 September 24, 2009, 7:35 pm

This Process of Upgrading the 2g Iphone is easy and hassle free… It worked for both of my 2g Iphones. Keep up the Good Work. Thanks a Million!!

Srikanth.

• Martin September 24, 2009, 9:22 pm

If you must do it this way here is a way to findout if your phone is eligible.

FOR THE 3G with iTunes 3.1

After attempting to install the custom 3.1 discribed in the article and

If you get an error like 1604 it doesnt seem to work.

download firmware 3.0.1 and 3.0 for the 3G

Shift+restore in iTunes, open 3.0.1

you will get 90% of the way through but probably get a 1015 Error.

that is good!

You are now in recovery mode

now close iTunes.

Open 2.2.1 PwnageTool

It will ask you immediately to press and hold HOME and POWER for i think 10 seconds, then POWER for 2 seconds. that will system reset and bring you to the Emergency Call screen.

Voila, you have 3.0 again…

NOW use Redsnow 8 and jailbreak with 3.0 install cydia…

Let it do its think… you probably wont have a carrier after all of this, but WIFI works, so open cydia, let it do its downloads, then search a package called FUZZYBAND.

that fuzzyband will check your modem, takes about 20 seconds.

if the fuzzyband completes and it says your eligible for ultrasnow, then click on it, and you will get ultrasnow for Unlocking your phone.

If fuzzyband says your bootfile is too new (5.09) then you are Shit out of luck until DEVteam or someone cracks the new iTunes 3.1 update. ( the reason being is the 3.1 update not only changes the firmware to 3.1 but it also changes the baseband from 4.28.08 to 5.11.07 which might also change your (unlockable bootloader 5.08 to the locked only 5.09)

• tommyts September 27, 2009, 5:00 pm

fuzzyband tells me i'm 5.09 . ultra sn0w from cydia is useless to my iphone 3g [updated to 3.1 by mistake via itunes] i'm screwed :( my only hope is dev team

• Anonymous October 16, 2009, 4:08 am

hey tommy i did the same frickin mistake.. today .. what next. have u done any research

• harim1981 September 25, 2009, 5:53 am

i am getting the error 1600 while restoring this custom firmware…

on 3g ..

any solution…pls

• bikram87 September 25, 2009, 6:07 pm

works perfectly for iphone 2g….thanks a lot…

• Sreekumar September 25, 2009, 7:30 pm

Can I get advice to unlock 3G 3.1 version? I already upgraded from Apple Site and it is locked now!

• abcderf September 26, 2009, 9:38 am

upgraded Iphone 2G , now running OS 3.1 great thanks. !!!

• tommyts September 27, 2009, 4:50 pm

i updated the iphone 3g to 3.1 firmware by mistake and it seems i'm not the only one :( this happened a week ago …i tried everything including the 3.1 custom restore firmware . i can't unlock using Fuzzyband 3.1gm from cydia … because my bootloader version is messed up :( need advice :( can anyone help? i think that Dev Team is the only hope :(

• dk September 28, 2009, 4:08 am

Just upgraded my iPhone 2G OS 2.0.2 to 3.1 using iTunes 9.0.1.8 (latest at this point).
    Worked like a charm in one shot. No issues. iPhone works
    great with TMobile as it was with 2.0.2. Thanks!!

• egyzvanillakiss September 28, 2009, 4:49 pm

howwww did you get it to work? im going crazy here trying to figure it outt! please tell me

• dk September 30, 2009, 5:56 pm

I didn't do anything fancy. iTunes ver 9, click Shift + Restore and pick the downloaded ipsw from there. It just worked. Before this, my iPhone 2G OS 2.0.2 was unlocked & jailbroken (if that matters)

• rubenjr September 28, 2009, 6:28 am

my iphone 3G is jailbroken and i got cydia…
    its on version 3.0 i had too do all these things do i still gotta combine those 3 things too unlock it for t-mobile???

plz help :(

• alee87 September 29, 2009, 3:26 pm

I had 2.2.1 on my 2G …I upgraded to 3.1 like it was stated here using the custom Firmware…Everythng went fine except that my wifi is not working.I mean it switches on and detects my network…jsut that i cant browse with the error no internet available…wat to do???

• Bruce September 30, 2009, 12:49 am

Will this jailbrake 3.1

• mariejoy September 30, 2009, 6:29 am

help me.i have iphone 2g. i carelessly downloaded and installed firmware 3.1..now my phone is locked again and all the things u posted here dont seem to work..is there any alternative?please..i need your help..i want to use my iphone again..i got lots of important things stored in there..

• mariejoy September 30, 2009, 6:33 am

hi.i have iphone 2g..i carelessly downloaded and installed firmware 3.1..now my iphone is locked again and all the things you have posted here dont seem to work now..please..i tried alot of things..is there any alternative?help me..i need my phone so badly..i got lots of important things stored in it..thank you..

• paki619 September 30, 2009, 9:27 am

those who have accidently updated to OS 3.1 thru itunes. can jailbreak iphone sumhow but cannot unlock sim..

u guys need to install cydia and then find FUZZYBAND IN it… install it then it will change back your baseband…

• ogio55 September 30, 2009, 4:49 pm

Guys, that's a good news but what about us with an iPhone 3Gs?
    Are we not part of the big family? or are we going to be left out from the new OS 3.1
    Do you plan a custom IPSW also for the 3Gs??
    Your comment will be appreciated

• papibear September 30, 2009, 5:00 pm

worked..how can i get mms back?

• ncb79 October 1, 2009, 1:26 pm

It's not working for me. It shows the SIM Card can't be support. Pls help… Pls… Pls….

• KidsJH October 1, 2009, 2:38 pm

I can't bother reading all the comments below, but I see a lot of people asking about downgrading from 3.1 to 3.0 and I have done it… my sister accidentally updated her iphone and all you have to do is

download 3.0 firmware
    DFU mode your iphone
    restore (Shift + restrore) the 3.0 firmware you downloaded
    and if needed, unlock and jailbreak with ultrasnow

GL

• Hollie Elizabeth Noades October 1, 2009, 5:42 pm

hi please can some one help me im so confuse and very angry, i just bought an unlocked i phone, ans managed to update it with itunes, so now it is locked and only lets me emergency call and is saying 'emergency' in all different languages. So i used pwange to build a code e.c.t so then i folled as instructed, hold down the off button with the home button then release the off button, so then it says code sucesfully stored, then please restore with firmware bundle?? but what is this i couldn't find it, so now i cant turn my phone on, as its not restored please help thanks

• johncruz October 4, 2009, 1:41 pm

i had a problem like that b4! i restore it in 3.0.1, then i download redsnow 08 and unlocked it using 3.0 ipsw with redsnow 08.. now its working good!!

• Zaheer Khan October 2, 2009, 6:17 am

Thanks a lot for the IPSW for Firmware 3.1 on iPhone 2G and iPhone 3G.

Great effort!

• vctr October 3, 2009, 2:13 am

worked great for me:))))))))))) thanks:)))
    a job well done!!!!
    i even had my phone (2G) stuck from upgrading from 2.2 to 3.0.1 with redsn0w and it still worked :))))
    Good luck everyone!

• JkeB October 3, 2009, 1:22 pm

for iPhone 2g, i connected iPhone to PC but i cant go to the screen that has “restore”. It brings me to At&t activation screen. If i click “cancel”, it is asking me to “remove my iphone safely”. how can I go to restore screen? Pls HELP

• Tom October 3, 2009, 2:56 pm

I didn't read even ONE positive comment about success in upgrading a locked 3G (which has locked official version of 3.0.1 or LOWER) using this file: iPhone1,2_3.1_7C144_Custom_Restore.ipsw

This is my case, and I would be happy to hear if it actually worked to any one of you who are in my situation, because the last think I want is to brick my iphone, or have no signal (the main complaint of the 3G upgraders)

• OmegaMoon October 4, 2009, 12:20 am

I upgraded the phone from 3.0 to 3.0.1 then jailbroke it and upgraded with the custom firmware to the 3.1.

I've done it three times a couple of times and I still get the same results. It doesn't work.

I have a 16GB iPhone 3G and when I install it I don't get any service.

:-/

• OmegaMoon October 4, 2009, 12:39 am

Okay, I just finished restoring my iPhone with all my information from iTunes and it finally worked! I got signal and everything.

I'm running an iPhone 3G 16GB on 3.1.

I had 3.0.1 jailbroken before I loaded the 3.1 custom firmware from iTunes, by following the steps! ^

• Avi October 3, 2009, 6:28 pm

Does it Jailbreak as well as Unlock the Iphone?
    Iphone 2g fw 3.0
    Thank you!

• Steve October 3, 2009, 11:26 pm

so if i jailbreak my iphone using redsn0w is it ok if i use ur .ipsw?

• notverygood October 4, 2009, 12:51 am

This did not work on my 2g

• Name October 4, 2009, 8:29 am

I have upgrade with the custom FW, works fine, went smooth!
    I have 2g Iphone, was on fw 3.0 upgraded with Redsnow.
    Be aware that all Cydia apps are removed during the restore process, I don't know if a backup before the upgrade would prevent it, I mean if the apps would be restorable.
    Any way, the device is running ok, jailbroken and unlocked and has Cydia, so you may install all apps again.
    Thanks to the developer/s

• never apple update October 4, 2009, 8:35 am

i*ve accidently up my 3G Iphone to 3.1 via apple. Now,well, i was able to restore the Firmware and install ultrasnow smoothly. But after reboot, I lost my carrier, means, i can't make or recieve any call. Any suggestion ?

• shahzadsiddiq October 4, 2009, 2:06 pm

Hi I did the same mistake after IPhone 3G disable my WIFI to reactive again and i did the mistake to restore now i am stuck and unable to unlock iPhone1,2_3.0.1_7A400_Restore !!
    any one know the solution to jailbreak and unlock again
    kindly email me the solution
    thanks
    Shahzad

• mbarakauni October 4, 2009, 3:07 pm

Thanks, it worked. I found the following torrent link which I think is a much faster way to download the 2G firmware.

• chelojavier October 4, 2009, 3:32 pm

Chelo:
    I am eternally grateful for the tremendous support they have given me! Ignorant, I upgraded my 2G iPhone to version 3.1 and after that I did not recognize my SIM. I did the procedure as was explained and it worked perfectly!. Thank you very much! My only doubt is: the application “Icy” is gone. I install it from somewhere?

• dango October 4, 2009, 10:18 pm

FIRST OF ALL I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE BUT YOU ROCK. IT DID WORK FOR ME PERFECTO, PROFECTO. YOU THE MEN. IT WORKED NOT MORE THAN TEN MINUTES.NO HASSEL BELIEVE ME. THANK YOU VERY MUCH. THERE ARE A LOTS OF WARNING AND SCARY INFO OUT THERE BUT YOU DID IT. I DON'T KNOW HOW BUT IT WAS VERY, VERY SIMPLE. I DID IT TODAY 10-04-09 SO BELIEVE ME IT WORKED 1.000,000%. THANKX

• a.fardous October 5, 2009, 11:20 am

Thank you very much, easily installed and working on my 2g.

• Bilal Ahmed Dar October 5, 2009, 7:35 pm

Thanks for all the help, i had messed up my 2G iphone last night while downloading stuff from cydia , now trying to fix things . but the link first line , takes me to search page ; i had tried many times to get these 3 files but can not , NEED HELP.

• Boss Mode October 6, 2009, 12:02 am

Here is what you have to do in order to get your iphone to work if you have already upgraded to the 3.1 software. you must have someone who has not upgraded to 3.1 restore their iphone using itunes. Then plug your iphone in and hit restore iphone and itunes will unlock it for you. you wont have cydia but at least you will be able to talk and send text messages.

• Louise October 6, 2009, 5:57 am

It worked!! You're the best!
    I upgraded Iphone 2G from 1.1.3 to 3.1. Its unlocked and working great.
    Thanks!

• lindaNa October 6, 2009, 6:26 am

I have a 3g on 3.1 with baseband 5.11.07 I’m jailbroken but my wifi is greyed out making it impossible for me to get in to cydia to add ultra snoww to unlock for t-mobile any suggest
    Thanks

• lindaNa October 6, 2009, 6:27 am

Thanks

• afaqmirza October 6, 2009, 9:38 pm

I RESTORE MY IPHONE 2G T0 3.1 SUCCESSFULLY WORKING PERFECT WAS 0N 3.0.1 BEFORE THANKS MA GREAT JOB…

• oshie October 7, 2009, 2:59 pm

is there any other link to download the file? rapidshare is NOT friendly here in my country ….

• rossoneiri October 7, 2009, 3:47 pm

where is the “restore” icon?

• chelojavier October 11, 2009, 1:05 pm

For the iPhone into DFU mode on you can do a restore of firmware via iTunes follow these steps:

Step One
      Open iTunes and the iPhone, connect to your Mac or PC.

Step Two
      Press and hold the Home button and Sleep / Wake at the same time.

Step Three
      After exactly 10 seconds left to push the Sleep / Wake but continue pressing the home button until you see a message saying iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.

The iPhone will have the black screen is normal.

Once done, connect to the pc and start ITunes, should recognize a device in DFU mode and show the restore button. Remember that you must press the shift button on your keyboard while pressing “Restore” so that it appears the window from which to select the file you just downloaded from this page.

• shake777 December 30, 2009, 5:49 pm

thnx a ton man..!

• hoplesellyconfused October 7, 2009, 4:18 pm

Oh no. I accidently upgraded in iTunes, and now, am I screwed untill time ends? Or just untill redsn0w 3.1 comes out? Will it work when it comes out? Will I be able to unlock it? When will it come out? PLEASE HELp

• naveenv October 7, 2009, 6:48 pm

i tride it but error occurred1604

• brentg October 7, 2009, 7:57 pm

anyone have a link beside RS and Zshare?

The download always keeping to cut out

• chelojavier October 8, 2009, 3:07 pm

I just upload the files to 4shared, for those who have problems with rapidshare. These are the links (unzip with Winrar, three parts):

• odie2828 October 8, 2009, 6:02 pm

Here is a link to download the Custom Restore in one file…

266mb

It is uploading now, should be done in about an hour.

• chim October 11, 2009, 3:23 am

I try so many time, but it won't work, please help
    I have 2G vrsion 3.1 and use windows.
    my email is: chimoanh@hotmail.com

• theoctopus October 12, 2009, 12:42 am

I have an iphone 2g running 3.1,downloaded unlock files,restored and got a error 1604. Downloaded OS 3.0 and downgraded OS to 3.0, I still got error 1604, what should I do?

• jagacms October 12, 2009, 12:57 pm

Hi all,

This worked perfectly on my iphone 2G AT&T locked iphone with 3.1 update… intially i too got 1604 error and ended with recovery loop…thanks to iREB.. first i patched the fix recovery mode loop then put the iphone on DFU mode as mentioned in the video tutorial link and patched by selecting 2G option.. then screen came white in my iphone..
      Then i opened my itunes 9.0.1.8 and it asked for restore.. i selected the custom frimware made by dev team for windows… in next 10mins my phone was ready and working.. in AIRCEL india network…

I am doing this first time and worked perfectly… thanks a lot guys…

Jaggi

• theoctopus October 13, 2009, 2:08 am

Hi,

I downloaded iREB I can't seem to get a white screen when I click on iphone
        2g. Nothing happen , I had downgraded to 3.0 OS, I upgraded back to 3.1 OS,
        still no white screen. I even fixed the recovery loop and put in DFU mode
        again, still no white screen.
        Theo

• jagacms October 13, 2009, 4:39 am

Hi theo…

I started with restore mode first.. by holding the home button and shift+restore in itunes to select the custome restore file. then after sometime the itunes throwed the 1604 error…so i forcefully restared my iphone by holding both power n home button for 10sec.. then my phone entered into the recovery mode loop..
        I downloded iREB 3.1 and closed the itunes and patched the recovery loop first.. then put the phone in DFU mode…
        ( Note : if phone is in recovery mode u will c connect to itunes on screen… if in DFU mode u will c nothing on screen )..

Once u are in DFU go ahead and select the iphone 2g it will ask u to install the libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.12.1 if it is not present.. if not download the same and install it.. after patching u will get the white screen and iREB will crash.. now u can opne the itunes and it will automatically asks u to restore now select the custom firmware and upload… after 10-15mins u phone will come up unlocked and jailbroken.. I have WinXP SP3.. iTunes 9.0.1.8.. iREB 3.1..iPhone1,1_3.1_7C144_Custom_Restore ~255MB

Jaggi

• theoctopus October 13, 2009, 7:40 pm

Jaggi,

Thanks alot,

I guess I was not getting into DFU mode because the “itune connect” symbols
        was still on the iphone screen. I used a stopwatch to time button pushing
        and got a white screen even before activating iREB. I activated iREB anyway
        waited for a few seconds then started itune restore. I did not get the 1604
        error and the iphone was restore with the custom firmware. It still shows
        the apple logo on bootup, but I don't get the “connect to itune” anymore. It
        goes to the group of icons and everything seem to work. I don't have a SIM
        so I don't know whether that part of the restore works. It shows in
        “setting” that the veresion is 3.1 and the carrier is AT&T. Does this mean
        that the iphone is unlocked? It also shows a Cydia icon. What's Cydia? Sorry
        I have so many questions, but this is my first “unlocking”
        Thanks again,

Theo

• saati October 12, 2009, 10:33 am

i get error 1600 i updated my 2g iphone through itunes at first to 3.1 and now it doesnt restore what should i do ?

• jagacms October 12, 2009, 1:00 pm

use iREB 3.1 and first patch the recovery mode loop then put the iphone in DFU mode and restore with the custom ipsw.. it will work fine…

• gibbskins October 13, 2009, 5:50 am

Does this work even if you have OS 3.1 firmware baseband 5.11.07? I wish I could unlock this damn baseband.

• Name October 14, 2009, 11:30 am

Not work

• Barry123 October 28, 2009, 5:06 pm

I have the same problem I wish some one could help , have they come up with the new software does any one know

• Miguel October 15, 2009, 8:34 am

not detecting my t-mobile sim now tha I am on 3.1.2 can go ack to 3.0? please help

• viperking October 15, 2009, 10:13 am

Successfully upgraded iPhone 2G to 3.1, but unable to install applications from iTunes. In addition, contact address and calendar kept getting wiped out in spite of manually copying them into iPhone. Therefore, I will be switching back to v3.0.

• weneedu October 15, 2009, 4:34 pm

i have a serious problem i uploaded the new itunes by accident and i have an unlocked 2G phone and now its locked i cant even get into my phone….will this re unlocked it?

• chicagodesi October 15, 2009, 5:49 pm

I cant get it to join is the first thing. If it joins then I would be able to do more.

• annais October 15, 2009, 6:59 pm

i have an iphone 2g pwned to 2.2.1. i did the following:

1. download the custom IPSW of Firmware 3.1
    2. opened iTunes
    3. put iphone in DFU mode
    4. click 'Restore' while holding down the Shift key and select the custom IPSW.

it was going well until i came back after 30 minutes and noticed that the progress had only move a tiny bit. i panicked and decided to turn off my iphone. now, if i turn it on it goes to the pineapple then it stucks with a caricature of steve job saying ПРЕВЕД!

did i just kill my beloved iphone? i implore your advise and assistance pleeeeeaase.

• Anonymous October 16, 2009, 1:48 am

Right ATTENTION ALL 2G IPHONE USERS WHO HAVE UPDATED TO 3.1 VIA ITUNES!!!!All is not lost….I started with: UK 2g iPhone updated to 3.1 via iTunes, Locked to O2. Running iTunes 9.0 on Windows.Firstly I tried to install the original custom 3.1 as in start of this threadFails with 1604 error. When you plug into PC again and connect to iTunes it will display message stating that iPhone needs to be restored. Download official 3.0 software .ipsw file (search in google). Restore using usual “hold shift and click restore” method. Then run redsn0w 0.8. You’ll need to also download the BIN files 3.9 and 4.6 (again used google to find)Run Cydia and do complete update.Then run Cydia and search for “fuzzyband”. Install and Run this to regress Broadbase (or whatever it’s called).Then run file from start of this thread (custom 3.1).I now have my iPhone unlocked & jailbroken running the custom 3.1. It’s working on my new Vodafone SIM. WiFi works, can make and receive calls etc. Everything is functioning as it should.Took a hell of a lot of reading through all the postings on this thread and a bit of trial and error but it DOES WORK. You are not screwed if you updated to 3.1 via iTunes.Note again, this is on a 2G phone. I have never unlocked a phone of any kind on my own before and I’ve managed it so if you’re having trouble – keep trying. It is possible!!!!Thanks to all the helpful and patient posters on this thread. You are Legends! Now we just need to sort out a custom 3.1.2!!!!

• notverygood October 17, 2009, 10:07 pm

THANKS!
      This worked on a USA G2 that was at 3.1.

Only note is when Running fuzzyband it said “Querying Modem” then would close. I just went on to the updating to custom 3.1 step in itunes and it went fine.

Something that was always unclear to me is what sim to have in. When I went through this process I had the ATT in. When done I put in the TMobile and all went fine.

• chelojavier October 16, 2009, 1:22 am

Someone has managed to install apn settings after upgrade to 3.1??? I have two iphones 2g and achievement either apn settings set to use the EDGE network… I get an error message during installation. Any suggestions or help?

• michelle October 16, 2009, 1:42 am

i actually have a question…. DOES THE SOFTWARE WORK OK WITH WINDOWS VISTA????

• michelle October 16, 2009, 6:43 am

i actually have a question…. DOES THE SOFTWARE WORK OK WITH WINDOWS VISTA????

• michelle October 16, 2009, 6:43 am

i actually have a question…. DOES THE SOFTWARE WORK OK WITH WINDOWS VISTA????

• bmw540i October 16, 2009, 8:59 am

help!?!?
    i downloaded all three files for the 2G Iphone but the first one is a zip file and i cant extract it. it keeps saying that the file is damaged and to try to re-download which i did 3 times

• Matt2bc October 16, 2009, 8:11 pm

Worked like a charm for me, upgraded 2G 3.0 to 3.1, everything works perfect, followed the instructions step by step using vista. Cheers

• Avi October 16, 2009, 9:07 pm

Any “custom” for 3.12 fw, Iphone 2g Win?
    Thanks!

• fredrina October 16, 2009, 9:58 pm

what if your iphone 3.0 is already jailbroken what do you do?

• flywalkerbeatZ October 19, 2009, 9:43 pm

Worked perfectly, (2g iphoone that was running 3.0 unlocked using redsn0w)
      the instructions above are perfect, now running 3.1! still unlocked THANKS!

• gordanfreeman October 19, 2009, 10:58 pm

Okay I keep getting unexpected end of archive when i try to unzip it

• cwd October 21, 2009, 4:33 pm

Iphone 3G w/3.1 firmware. I managed to get it jailbroken but it jams during the unlock process.

• pankaj1 October 22, 2009, 7:29 am

downloaded all above files but HJSplit does not Join. It just takes 001 file but does not join 002, 003 files. Please test. i did on XP.

• psphacker67 October 22, 2009, 7:48 pm

do you have to put it in duf mode becuz my home bottun is broked :(

• markeym October 24, 2009, 2:32 pm

I have tried this a dozen times now and I get the message:
    “The iPHone “Markey's iPhone” could not be restored because the firmware file is not compatible.”

I know I have followed the steps exactly. I have a 2g using vista
    any suggestions

• llama234 October 26, 2009, 11:20 pm

have you already updated your iphone to firmware 3.1?

this happened to me once!

• markeym October 27, 2009, 12:26 am

Thanks for the response.
        I finally realized that I had used the 3g files to merge.
        Once I merged the 2g files and restored the phone was unlocked fine.
        Then I ran blackra1n to jailbreak and it was perfect.
        Thanks

Live simply.
        Love generously.
        Care deeply.
        Speak kindly.
        Leave the rest to God.

Psalm 109:8 ” May his days be few;
        may another take his place of leadership.”

• digpal12 December 17, 2009, 7:39 am

where we have to save those 3 files after merging them. and how to use them…
        and after restoration we have to do anything further or iphone will work with all service provider…

any1 who has update his iphone 2g version 1.1.4 to 3.1.2 please guide me i v same model.
        i stay in mumbai pls give ur contact no. i will contact you

regards digapl

• momo636 October 25, 2009, 8:06 am

how do u put the files together? i have windows vista and a 2g iphone

• xtroworld October 28, 2009, 6:58 pm

Hi all i red all your post and i did the same stupid thing. i have 2g and i download the 3.1 os from internet and i install in my phone. then it got lock and i was not able to jailbrake it since i dont have a MAC. so what i did was i tryied installing the same os again and in bitween the installation i unpluged my Iphone then what i did was i took the predownload 3.0 os and intalled it with out any errors. try this who had got locked ur Iphones after installing the os and its because of baseband version i think this will help u all. if u need any more details pls email me—virantha1@gmail.com.

• Barry123 October 28, 2009, 4:56 pm

I have a 3G Iphone with 3.1 and 5.1 firmware can this unlock my phone thank you

• marcodhehjde November 2, 2009, 5:53 pm

no unlock?????????

• keovanchhon November 5, 2009, 7:55 am

i update my iphone 2G to V.3.1 now i got stuck with the Sim card.
    It unlock my sim card and my iphone can not work.
    Just show the emergency call.
    :-(

• leaders23 November 9, 2009, 3:37 pm

BINGOOOOO , my 2 G is working perfect with the 3.1 firmware, thanx a lot

• JP_004 November 10, 2009, 1:06 am

I downloaded and joined the files just fine… but now when I try to restore the firmware it says that the firmware is not compatable….
    I have an iPhone 2g with itunes 9 and 3.1.2
    Help? =[

• dodosvk November 10, 2009, 1:40 pm

Happened to me the same thing except with version 3.1.2 and I need to unlock it but, as I do not know if it could somehow be at least stary soft. so everything was good

• dodosvk November 10, 2009, 1:35 pm

please I would like to ask you how can I remove the iPhone 3.1.2 software because I can upload and now sits where my SIM card because I am from Slovakia. And I want version 2.2.1 back here because I know you unlock

• Warch1ld77 November 11, 2009, 6:07 am

Hi guys.
    I had issuse with my Iphone 2G and was told to upgrade via Itunes :( which i did OS ver 3.1
    after upgrade i got a message stating the Carrier is not supported Bla bla bla! i rebooted my Iphone and its stuck on the screen with a picture a Itune Logo and usb Emergency calls only.
    I can see my Vodacom signal is full i still get sms and through the Emergency calls i can phone out! i think the iphone was bought in China i live i South Africa. Is there any way to get into the phone? what the Hell can i do Please guys can anyone help me… i have been all over the Net and there are so many different options and i dont want to risk having a Iphone BRICK

• bousy March 7, 2010, 5:07 pm

Hey… I am having the same problem.. But mine started just 2 days ago.. have you found a solution.. If you did please let me know.. Thanks :)

• stonedtrykz November 24, 2009, 4:21 am

it would have been really nice to mentios or advise us to backup in itunes all the stuff you had the day of updating cuz now im going back about 11 days but even thats pretty lucky considering i did that just as a fluke

• darshan gandhi December 3, 2009, 11:00 am

thanks a ton . works like a charm . cheers

• johnk December 6, 2009, 12:15 pm

The download link is not working…guys please let me know where the hell can I find the custom ipsw for 2G…PLEASE

• Messi December 8, 2009, 4:54 am

I am using an Iphone 3g in Malaysia which bought from USA.
    My problem is whenever Apple release the new firmware, i will need to upgrade BUT not from itune directly.
    This is causing the problem for me cause it looks troublesome for me .
    Every time after the upgrade, all my downloaded programs which already kept the data will be gone and i have to re-sync all programs where the program will be like the fresh one meant i loss all data.
    So, is that a way to unlock/unblock the iphone which the same as the Iphone sold in Hong Kong market where it is able to use for all country SIM and can upgrade firmware directly from itune.
    Anyone just feel free to provide the advise.
    Thank you and have a nice day!

• jaleel December 8, 2009, 3:57 pm

Thank you Mr. Saad, really appreciate your effort.. I had updated my iphone 2g from 3.0 to 3.1 here now.. its working……………….. waw………….

• pikus December 15, 2009, 2:27 pm

Hello Saad,
    please tell me what I will loose on the iphone with this upgrade.

Will the present softwares installed remain there?
    What about the phone numbers and sms?
    What can happen if I forget (or doesn't work) to press the SHIFT key when restoring from iTunes?

Thaaaanks

• smitty07 December 16, 2009, 12:07 am

used it, now stuck in recovery loop. i believe it was upgraded to 3.1 through itunes. 2g iphone on 3.1 software stuck in loop, please send solution

• neel December 17, 2009, 11:41 am

I have iphone 2g upgraded to 3.0. phone was working fine. after few weeks it stopped detecting sim card. i again restored and unlocked the phone and the phone worked for few days after which it stopped detecting sim card. Any solutions?

• ulas December 18, 2009, 11:03 pm

it worked perfectly with an iphone 2g unlocked 1.1.4.
    extremly easy. thanks a lot:)

• eduarg December 22, 2009, 10:36 pm

Hi, I just followed your steps and have succesfuly jailbroken my iphone. Now when i go to Cydia and install ultrasn0w it doens't unlock my iphone (it just says searching). I tried rebooting and intalling ultrasn0w many times and that doesn't help. What should Ido????

• franklyiphone December 31, 2009, 5:05 am

I'm stuck on the iphone window that shows the USB cable wanting to connect to itunes. What next?

• ismail618 December 31, 2009, 6:18 am

I was able to jailbreak but not able to unlock my IPhone 2G. I am able to dial emergency calls and I am recieving calls. On the ITunes, this message “The SIM Card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported” is displayed. Please help

• jevertrinker January 3, 2010, 4:46 am

iphone 2G with firmware 3.0 upgraded to 3.1
      worked fine…totally success (unlock&jailbreak) – e-mail account, sms and phonebook incl. history are there – only the programms have to be installed again.

• Sandra B January 18, 2010, 12:31 pm

Hi, when the zip file is extracted there are dozens of files and I don't know what you mean by only having “one file”. When I do the Shift-Restore action, it comes up with the long list of zip files and I have no idea which one to choose. HELP!!

• slyaii January 20, 2010, 11:31 am

Hello. Hello. For 2G that did the hack from the original post…Did PUSH NOTIFICAITON work?

• slyaii January 22, 2010, 10:00 pm

after i installed the firmware…i verified that it was 3.1…i also did the firmware for 3.1.2 within this site, but I cannot get any App that requires 3.1 and above to be installed…anyone have an answer? If i update with apple's 3.1.2, my apps that requires 3.1 and above will be installed. I do not want to use blackRain because when you shut down, it requires you to run blackRain again…

• slyaii January 23, 2010, 3:00 am

• jan February 22, 2010, 9:19 am

Ok quick question(Since reading all of the comments will take too much time)
    My iPhone has been unlocked for a long time,It was unlocked in the philippines and i now live in new zealand.Its an iphone 3g with os 2.2.The question is,If i do update my os to 3.1.2 or 3.2.1 will it be “locked” again?

• Josie March 4, 2010, 2:35 am

yes your phone will get locked. Every update resets certain features in your phone. That is why their are so many unlock methods because with every update the hackers have to find a way to unlock an jailbreak, My answer is based on my research online in regards to unlocking and jailbreakin iPhones. HOpe this helps

• crzykahuna March 13, 2010, 3:05 am

Is “restore suppose to be on itunes or on the phone itself?

• crzykahuna March 13, 2010, 8:05 am

Is “restore suppose to be on itunes or on the phone itself?

• Ray_abi April 6, 2010, 11:07 am

I just restored my iphone with holding down shift on itunes. Mine had before 3.1.2 and 5.11, and still has the same, but blackrain is not working to unlock or jailbreak. :() I cant use my phone…what do I do? :( :(

• HowieHoop April 10, 2010, 7:17 pm

Worked as explained – GREAT!!!! I have a 2G, already unlocked running 3.0.1. Downloaded the already combined file mentioned in the listed posts and followed the stated instructions. Went through the sequence with no problems at all. I have been thru some of these problems listed with other software changes/updates, but this one went great. There were apps that required 3.1 or newer that I very much wanted to run and thought I was out on them until this fix.

• Mary June 9, 2010, 8:02 am

Which one of those links for the 2G did you guys download? Or did you download all of them?

• Hummr Rocks July 24, 2010, 11:12 pm

I'm getting “iTunes: Rerstore error 23” .
    Any idea how to resolve this?

• Dipesh February 7, 2011, 11:40 am

Upgrade / Unlock / Jailbreak : iPhone 2G / 3G / 3GS / iPhone 4
    iPod Touch / iPad.(any bootloader, baseband and firmware)
    //////////////////Service for just rs. 500.////////////////
    **Any hardware or issues related to iphone will be solved***
    Contact me on +91 9960844434 (Dipesh)ANYWHERE in India
    Mail id dipesh43210@gmail.com… …