The new year will see a new breed of electronics. Much smaller, much compact but feature-rich and powerful. The newKube is one such MP3 player device designed by the Singapore electronics manufacturer Bluetree Electronics which claims it to be the world's smallest MP3 Player. The device will make its debut at CES 2013.
According to a press-release, The NewKube is actually the third generation of the renowned Kube family of compact MP3 players that deliver clear, crisp audio playback of music optimized by genre in a tiny device with a long battery life. A fully charged NewKube offers a non-stop audio experience on a cross-country flight without running out of battery power.
Some of the features include:
- Lock button - to prevent accidentals
- Repeat button - not found in comparable simple MP3 players such as the iPod Shuffle
- Jump Folder - allows you to get to the specific song location, also not found in simple MP3 players like the iPod Shuffle.
- EQ Pre-sets - lets users select music settings for optimized playback of Pop, Rock, Classical music and other genres.
- NewKube has a new design, a better looking case, and new colors.
The newKube reads the commonly available microSD card with sizes ranging from 512MB up to 32GB giving you 8000 songs. newKube also retains its ability to have 6 hours of continuous play in a single one hour charge. Now your music is with you all the time.
The previous record was held by the 2009 iPod Shuffle which was the size of a thumb and could hold up to 1000 songs.